• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn 19: 3280 BC

new events:

we have pottery now, new goal bronze working

moved scout two steps, no interesting new terrain

i'm looking up what the worker should do now: road or move to a floodplain to start a cottage

edit: the rice was indeed connected, moved worker towards flood plain
    Last edited by -SafaN-; June 10, 2006, 06:44.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

safan, I think (but you should check in the city view) the rice is already connected as a resource through the river.

I vote for moving the worker towards one of the flood plains.

Do you have a screenshot of the new terrain from our scout ?
    no sig

Comment

screenshot:
      Attached Files

Comment

savegame (this time before end turn)
        Attached Files

Comment

no updates needed to the foreign intelligence (ie: nobody grew pop or discovered tech this turn)

for our scout, I see three possibillities:
          => 3-3 (forest+hill)
          => 2-1 (hill)
          => 1 (hill)

Our second citizen will be born before the cottage is built. I think the 3-0-1 tile is a good one to work before the cottage is finished too.
          Last edited by PJayTycy; June 10, 2006, 08:28.
          no sig

Comment

depends if we would want another scout on the road quickly, or rather go asap to pop 3 ...

Comment

near term terraforming (um wait were already on earth?) goals are in my opinion to get some diversity in Yield so we can grow or build as situation warents. So we want to get a Cottage on FP, Farm on FP and Mine on the Plains hills asap.
              Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Work the flood plains!
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

no comments on scout-move? It's the only thing we need to know before next turn.
                  I like N-NW and NE-NE the most (in that order).
                  no sig

Comment

would opt for NE NE. i want to know the terrain around those hills

terraf... err, worker jobs: fp cottage, mine, fp cottage, mine

Comment

My preference would be NE-NE.

Comment

No NORTH then NORTHWEST , that gets us on furtherst Hill from which we can see a greatdeal of new land.
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Why the ?

Comment

North by Northwest get it...

Comment

I say 9-9 and then head west....

As for terrain enhancements, I say cottage one FP, irrigate the other, then mine a plains hill, then cottage the grass, mine grass hill. We'll use the worker to help our second city around the time the plains hill / grass cottage are made probably, so the rest will be done a bit later...

The irrigation on the floodplain should be turned to a cottage around the time the city reaches 10-15 pop, IMHO.
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
                              X