X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn 11 : 3600 BC

just hitting endturn...

I did notice something strange though: the minimap shows the wrong world

some questions : is this problem limited to...
    => my install ?
    => this turn ?
    => our team ?

And ofcourse, another question: does this minimap show us real terrain from around somebody else's base or is this random (ie: not updated afer choosing "regenerate map" or something).

overview shot:

zoomed in minimap detal:
    Last edited by PJayTycy; May 23, 2006, 06:06.
    no sig

That's really weird. It doesn't show any other civ's map, it might just be a rotation 180° from normal of yours (and slightly wrong, but minimaps always have oddities like that)
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If it's not another teams map is it a valid picture of a part of the map that exists?

It lookes like the fog of war is correct, has it just put us in the wrong place? Purely for bug reporting reasons you understand, you don't need to tell us. It would be cheating (and quite hard) to use it to our advantage

Comment

Yes, it's kind of hard to submit this error to firaxis if we can't provide them the passwords for the other teams.

Maybe they have enough with our save though, but I'd first want to know if it's only wrong on my setup, only for our team or wrong for everybody on all teams.

Could somebody from team AC open the last save and see if the minimap is also wrong ?
        If so, maybe Snoopy can see if the problem also exists for the other teams without neceserally alerting them about the issue.
        no sig

Comment

Turn 12 played and sent. As there is nothing to do, I won't start a new thread for it. I tried to change the thread-title, but that didn't work.

This turn:
          Minimap error is gone.
          Worker will be ready in 2 turns, pottery in 7 turns.

btw, does anybody know if you get "religionX found in a distant land" messages in civ4-pbem? We don't have any in our log yet.
          no sig

Comment

I'll check the previous save on my machine tonight.

I played a quick game as the Chinese last night and my first city had only 4 squares that weren't flood plain 10+ towns on flood plains

Also I found two threads I wanted to share in case anyone else didn't know how these bits work.

Granaries don't work the same way they used to, there's no optimal time to build them.

This is an explanation of the pop rushing maths, helping us get the most hammers from the least people if we decide to do that.

Comment

I can't seem to find the post with the password, I was sure I saw it a while ago. Did some threads get deleted?

Comment

did u select 'threads from the beginning'?
                http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Last post in that thread is more than 30 days old, so you have to change the date-limit at the botom of the forum to see it:

A topped thread with all usefull info would be good. However, I can't create topped threads here.
                  no sig

Comment

thanks guys..

Edt:
                    The 3600BC save minimap looks fine to me, must be something to do with that save and your computer I guess.
                    Last edited by Lacero; May 24, 2006, 16:15.

Comment

Working...
                    X