How do you feel about this DG v.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 => awaiting !

While I do agree with our point on the rules-discussion, if you look at it "from a distance", we are the trouble makers who don't agree with the rest. I really don't think you can blame them for that. It's just a different demo-game background for the teams.

It has been said a lot of times : "stop discussion, post a team-poll, post the results here and abide them". But nobody can really let go. If we -all of our team- stop responding to that thread, it will die because there are no adversaries anymore. We have made our point clear. I bet the bickering annoys the other teams as much as it annoys us. So please, while it might be hard for some of you, just stop responding to the issue and let the good-vibes flow again.

We could post a message like:
    Team AC won't continue to respond to this thread. We made up our minds and our opinion won't change. This thread unnecessary spoils the fun-experience for everybody. Some of our members even consider to leave this demogame because of the strict atmosphere around here.

Team AC unanimuously wants to allow GP trading and to have fun with the game.
    It might give our team a more mature image than the current childish my-idea-is-the-best image all teams are displaying in that thread.
    no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
      4 => awaiting !

While I do agree with our point on the rules-discussion, if you look at it "from a distance", we are the trouble makers who don't agree with the rest. I really don't think you can blame them for that. It's just a different demo-game background for the teams.

It has been said a lot of times : "stop discussion, post a team-poll, post the results here and abide them". But nobody can really let go. If we -all of our team- stop responding to that thread, it will die because there are no adversaries anymore. We have made our point clear. I bet the bickering annoys the other teams as much as it annoys us. So please, while it might be hard for some of you, just stop responding to the issue and let the good-vibes flow again.

We could post a message like:

It might give our team a more mature image than the current childish my-idea-is-the-best image all teams are displaying in that thread.
      Play hangman.

Comment

Well, regarding what you say about 'my idea is the best'.
        I disagree.
        Someone tried to make up false fact to back up subjective and at some points illogical claim, using his position of authority to propagate his stance.

That's one of the most outrageous things I've ever read.

It was basically:

FP says:
        That is how it is!
        chorus:
        yes it is!
        me, cata, Unorthodox, some other people:
        No it isn't so just because you say so, we refuse to accept (and it's illogical, and it's actually not intended to be as you say, and it's not fun etc etc).
        I will post the message though.
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

And here i thought you made that statement up out of thin air binT

But nobody can really let go
          I already did.
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

You know what it looks like if we leave because of this. Trying to manipulate them into leaving GP trading in, and making much trouble about even a single rule. The more i think about saying this publicly the uglier it sounds. Perhaps some of you will recall the last time someone anounced they were leaving from a DG\Game and when the person capitulated, they relented and decided to stay. It looked very bad, imho

Im leaning heavily towards (5) atm. I do not like to back out of things when i cannot have my way.

I felt before Team AC was formed signing up for a TDG before\near release was a mistake as we didnt know if we wanted to play.

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I'm prepared to lurk with all my might!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

And here i thought you made that statement up out of thin air binT
                Which one?
                (quote please)
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

You know what it looks like if we leave because of this. Trying to manipulate them into leaving GP trading in, and making much trouble about even a single rule. The more i think about saying this publicly the uglier it sounds.
                  Well, reading the discussion thread again, I would say that the reason why Im not very interested in this game anymore, is not the GP issue, but the way it was handled.

It is fine and okay, if one is allowed to discuss and vote for it.
                  But if in the course of discussion a person uses his/her authority to claim false facts and almost everyone just nods without even trying to check things out, I do not feel like being here anymore.

Comment

Its not that i disagree with that. Im just thinking out what effects our actions will have.

The quote by pjay.

Comment

If we dont play then we will be looked at as a bunch of crybabies that stick together.

We may have to play with the understanding that we have a disadvantage and stay out of the Civ world.
                      You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Well, I think this game will be fun - though I will probably be lurking most of the time

I can see why you guys are irritated, but try not to get too worked up about the behaviour of the other teams. Most of the intrigue and diplomacy we will experience in this game will be with our team. 95% of the time we will be chatting with us, not them. And I think that we will keep a fun, friendly and possibly anarchistic tone around here, and that sounds like fun to me So let's play and have a good time.

And hey, if they have problematic people in their teams, well that will damage them - and benefit us

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
                          Perhaps some of you will recall the last time someone anounced they were leaving from a DG\Game and when the person capitulated, they relented and decided to stay. It looked very bad, imho
                          Well, the message says "some of our members want to leave because of the strict atmosphere around here". The message doesn't say team AC is thinking of leaving the game.
                          no sig

Comment

And it even says, they consider not want.

Comment

Well, the message says "some of our members want to leave because of the strict atmosphere around here". The message doesn't say team AC is thinking of leaving the game.
                              This poll and the responses would seem to indicate otherwise-of course the others cant see this.

'If we dont play then we will be looked at as a bunch of crybabies that stick together.' -good summary by forester

after all if you voted for the last option, leaving is only a click away

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
                                after all if you voted for the last option, leaving is only a click away
                                Truth. But then staying requires no clicks.

Apathy
                                Play hangman.

Comment

Working...
                                X