Skirm (gold mine): fortified for barbs
    Axe[CR1]: fogbusting near marble
    Axe[5/5 exp, Combat1, shock]: protect worker mining from Barb Axe
    2 Workers: mine, road in forest

@SouthernFoglands
    Axe (deep south): fog busting south of Wines
    Scout: fog busting south of EotS

Science 0%

Current (?/turn): Metal Casting (many turns)
    (Paper 455/858)

Treasury 100%

Current 488g (+58 g/turn)

Civics HR-Vass-Slavery-Dec-Pagan
    Can revolt in 0 turns

Cities

Eye of the Storm (Size 3)
    Food: (?/turn) ?/30 (? turns)
    Hammers: (3/turn)
    Production: Granary done, build orders?

Winestrom (Size 4)
    Food (?/turn): ?/? (? turns)
    Hammers: (1/turn)
    Production: WE (10 turns)
    In queue: Library 73/90
    GPP (0/turn): 40/200

Taz City (Size 3)
    WF: 1, 14, 88
    Food (3/turn): 23/26 (1 turns)
    Hammers (6/turn)
    Production: WE (10 turns)
    In queue: Confucian temple (28/80)

The Voice (Size 5)
    WF: 1, 66, 8, 23, 6
    Food (4/turn): 26/30 (1 turns)
    Hammers (11/turn)
    Production: Heroic epic (7 turns)

Carnero Tempestas (Size 4)
    WF: 1, 8, 8,?
    Food (?/turn): 13/28 (? turns)
    Hammers (7/turn)
    Production: WE done, build orders?

In-game diplomacy
    ?

Distant events
    ?

No one is offering any advice I see. Is there any chance we can do some damage to them to slow down their attack? IOW I would expect we cannot just still and wait or we will get run over, sort of like Vox.

Comment

Thanks vmax. I think this will take a couple of people opening up the save to really assess the situation. We now have a smallish army that can be stopped pretty easily with a counter-attack involving catapults and then (say) spearman. Their attack force is currently hiding out in the forest (see screen shot in Turn 145 thread). I am pretty sure we can expect Knights arriving on the scene pretty soon.

In fact, I am not very optimistic about our situation. If we are going to get through this war successfully it will have to be a team effort, which means some more people getting involved at a strategy level.

Until we get Machinery I don't believe we can go rampant in their territory. My plan was to let EotS grow so that we can switch back to Bureacracy and research MC/Machinery asap.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        No one is offering any advice I see. Is there any chance we can do some damage to them to slow down their attack? IOW I would expect we cannot just still and wait or we will get run over, sort of like Vox.
        In Voxs defence... the strongest unit Vox could build was still weaker than GSs weakest unit.

Here, as long as we keep that ivory, we have a chance.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

CD2 Long bows, barage 2 cats and combat 2 eles. Nothing more we can really do.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Unfortunately we can't promote fresh units that far. Only Voice has a barracks, and it is presently building HE.

Comment

Btw, thanks for the discussion and input.

Comment

Donegeal no defense needed. You went down swinging and that is all you can do.

Godel I know we cannot go into there land, but can we hit there stack and try to keep it from getting to the point that we are unable to do anything?

If we are not able to hold them off, I would at least like to cause them enough grief that it hurts their overall progress. IOW I would hate to see them get much stronger without at least a step backwards.

Comment

I would dearly love to hit their stack. But should we do it when they are hiding in the forest? They cannot approach our cities without coming into the open: why not wait till then? Of course, if they simply begin massing a huge SOD while parking in the forest, I'd want to review this stance.

Comment

That is the problem, wanting to have them on better ground or waiting till we can do nothing.

Comment

Yes. AC know we have ivory and I think they know its location (their scout came through the area when we were at war with Vox). If they park their units in the forest and wait until they can build Pikes before bringing the stack in, then we are doomed.

Anyway, the save has arrived, but I can't open it up until I get home from work (another 12 hours away). We'll see what AC did with their units.

Comment

The save has arrived and we have a perfect opportunity to make some in-roads. Have a look at this:

We have two workers who can build a road leading from Carnero to the first stack of CKNs. We can then hit the stack with two catapults, followed by WEs. Note that two of the CKNs have formation promotion: which is why using both catapults is probably recommended.

The catapults are easily replaced since we have lots of hammers in Carnero due to chopping (a cat can be built in one turn there).

Please give feedback ASAP because I really should play this out in the next few hours.

Comment

There is also a LB and plenty of skirms in Carnero for the mop up if need be. We have a stack of 2 WEs and 1 Cat that will arrive in Carnero next turn for a follow up assault on the second stack if AC persist.

Comment

HIt with one cat and then check the odds with the WE, if above 75% hit with the WE one at a time until there is 1 chokonu left. Only kill that last chokonu if we have odds with either a skirm, don't sacrifice a WE to kill it.
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

OK. Played this out.
                              Cat I loses to CKN at 6% odds.
                              Cat II loses to CKN at 13% odds.
                              WE I loses to CKN at 75% odds.
                              WE II defeats CKN at 75% odds.
                              WE III loses to CKN at 68% odds. (I find the calculation here rather odd - isn't the stronger defender always chosen first?)
                              WE IV loses to CKN at 94% odds !!!!!!!!
                              Skirm I defeats CKN at 97% odds.
                              Skirm II defeats CKN at 98% odds.
                              Skirm III defeats CKN at 99% odds.

Skirm III is vulnerable to the other stack and will probably die in ACs turn. I decided that trading 25 hammers for 60 hammers was a good deal for us.

All in all a very unlucky battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X