This message arrived in our mailbox today:

Greetings!

We possess intelligence that suggests that you have been secretly
    gathering storm for years now. For the sake of preserving yangocracy
    and slavery in the world, we henceforth declare war with the intent of
    eliminating any storm that you might have gathered and preventing a
    global storm crysis.

Your ever so patient and forgiving neighbors in AC

I'm not at all surpsied by this. I have been pointing out their growing power graph for about 10 turns now.

Comment

Yes, it was too be expected, after all they have the upper hand.

Comment

What does surprise me though, is that they didn't wait for 3 more turns. They new Paper would be done in 2 turns from now, and that we were researching at a deficit get it done asap. If they had waited till we gave them Paper then we would have no surplus gold left in the bank, meaning no money for Longbow upgrades, and slower research pace to future military techs. Meanwhile they could have used those turns to assemble an even larger army.

Comment

Well two things, one they do not know our status that well and the other is they are very confident.

Comment

But we TOLD them that Paper would be ready 4 turns after Feudalism was done, and if they looked in the diplomacy screen they would have seen that for the last 6 or 7 turns we were running a deficit of about 50gpt. Anyway, their oversight serves us well.

Comment

Yes they knew were were cranking up for Paper, but they MAY not be so aware of our capabilities. They see we are not loaded with troops and we are deficit spending on research, but may not realize what can be done.

Comment

By the way, vmxa1, thanks for all your input recently. The forums can get lonely at times.

Comment

Speaking of lonliness.

I did talk to Impaler about the DoW, or should I say, he talked to me. They were 90% sure we'd hold back on paper, they're a paranoid bunch - projection you know.

I told I'm I'd be quitting the GS diplomat role and forums because I have just no time or energy for games these days.

If you want advice; Elephants elephants elephants. They are your only hope. And as many elephants as quickly as possible.
                  Some catapults re okay too. But basically elephants are the only things which can stand up to CKN's and macemen.

You basically need to whip out an overwhelming force, enough to beat back their invasion (preferably convincingly), and worry about the cost later.

Comment

Working...
                  X