Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership for Donegeal

Tradition:
    Returning to the issue of veto, I propose that any new member must pass a poll, with a twist. Some groups use an interesting approach known as the black ball. In these groups when a membership issue is voted on it is done so with a box containing marbles. There are many white balls and a few black. Each member in turn reaches into the box and deposits a ball into a third compartment. When each has done so, the contents of the third compartment are examined by all. If the deposited balls are all white, the applicant is accepted. If there is a single black ball, he or she is rejected.

That sort of system works with a small number of people. It ensures that no one is forced to coexist with someone completely anathema to them. It does require that people be reasonable and not petty with their choices.

If we do this, then we would post a poll with White, Black, Abstain as the only options. A single Black vote would deny the application. Abstain would have no effect. People granted admission would see the forum and see the number of voters. People denied would never see it.

What say you?

As is standard, this poll will time out in 48 hours.
    White (yes)
    100.00%
    Black (No)
    0.00%
    Abstain
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Done PMed me the other day to remind me he wants to join GS now that Vox are gone.

I decided to wait til the new year to start the poll so that more people would be around.

I have no problem with him joining.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Looks like no objects voiced.

Comment

Yes, let's have Don on board.

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Welcome to the team, Donegeal.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

Hmm... place looks erie...

Thanks for having me guys!
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

white ba.... damn... a little late for the party it seems

Sorry guys, I just moved to my new home, and forgot to arrange my internet move in time. I'm still spending most of my free time on renovating things, but at least I know have a connection to check in from time to time.

All that to say: welcome Don! Very pleased to have you on board!

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                X