Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Vidane 3 and SB 9.

Grog 6 for the view, or 9.

Blake seems to have a very good handle on our development, so I'd be inclined to go with his plans.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Somehow I missed yesterday that we had the save - sorry.

Comment

Eye of the Storm:

SB and Zidane:

We need to work out the precise moves/timings, but it looks like our 2 skirmishers will arrive in the area at the same time - perfect. That should give Vox the willies.

Vox gives chase:

Thanks to all the input and guidance above, this turn is pretty well set, except for that last shot here....the Vox Archer is giving chase - what should we do?

Options:
        1) Move 2 onto the +75% defense tile and pray for Grog (What are our odds, math buddies?)
        2) Move 3 to encourage their archer to give chase, as opposed their warrior
        3) Move 6 to maximize exploration
        4) Move 9 to flee the archer

Personally, I like 2) because if we can keep that Archer chasing for a few turns, our 2nd Skirmisher may be able to make it to their Gold hill before he gets back!

Comment

3 risks getting pinned against coast. So do 6 and 9, but less so at a guess.

I'd go 6 so we can see what is coming up and stand less chance of getting cornered.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

We could perhaps include another option for Grog:
            5) Move 7, next to their warrior. This would then be a 50% shot if they choose to take it. I know we're not fans of giving them xp, but it ought to be considered (especially since we may get pinned against the coast and so die to the archer anyway).

Still, my vote goes to 6, primarily so that we can see exactly how long this chase can go on for before we get trapped against the coast!

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Mustard

We need to work out the precise moves/timings, but it looks like our 2 skirmishers will arrive in the area at the same time - perfect. That should give Vox the willies.
              Also, I don't understand this statement. Zidane will be adjacent to their cultural borders next move, yes? But Skirm Two won't be adjacent to their borders until 5 turns from now. Or is this considered close enough?

I'd be up for possibly holding back Zidane where he is now (out of Vox line of sight) for another four turns, so as to maximise impact when they both move into view at the same time. Specially if we can get their warrior and archer to continue to chase Grog to the east...

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                The 1st 2nd city showed up in land and population stats this turn. Most likely Merc since they have a low pop and the only score increase this turn.
                This is really puzzling. Can we determine what their build order has been? If they've got a city founded on turn 39, then I guess that means that they've chopped it out -> but do we have any way of working this out?

Comment

Turn 39, 2480BC

Units

Warriors
                  Grog: 2/2, 1/2 Exp. Moved 6
                  Spinebreaker: 2/2 7/10 Exp (W2). Moved 9
                  Thug: 2/2, 0/2 Exp. Fort in EotS

Skirmishers
                  Vidane: 4/4, 0/2 Exp Moved 3
                  Materazzi: 4/4, 0/2 Exp. Moved 3

Worker: build mine

Science
                  Current (11/turn): Bronze Working (4 turns) (140/171)
                  Polytheism 134/143

Cities

Eye of the Storm (Size 3)
                  WF: same (4,8,87)
                  Growth (3/turn): 25/26 (1 turns)
                  Production (5/turn): Skirmisher (25/25) complete, start Skirmisher

Diplomacy
                  None

Other
                  None

Comment

Well well well. So there is the coast -> and Grog can evade their archer for at most three more turns.

Let's just work out it: if their archer takes four moves to kill Grog (since they need to actually move onto the coastline where Grog will be waiting), this means that it will then take them six more moves from The Voice. Total of ten turns.

Zidane is four turns and Materazzi nine turne from The Voice. So it looks to me like we could have a two skirmishers at their capital before their first archer can return. So can they afford to chase Grog to the edge of the continent?

Comment

Either they will move 9 with the archer to trap Grog, or they will fall in 6 to cut us off from the forested hill.

If they move 9, we go back to the forest hill and see what happens while maxing our survivability,

or if they move 6 to deprive us of the best terrain, we move north to break away from them.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

UnO likes to chop thigs early. I have heard him say an a fair few occasions that he thinks it is a good strategy.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

I believe we should mine the Plains Hill and then chop and mine the Grassland Hill which gives us the +12htp 0 food configuration at size 5. Then we should build the road.
                          How do you see this with timing of a settler, Blake? Can't we rush it with the forest chop?

The thing is, soon we'll have slavery. That second city could be a good place to use the whip very soon (I'm thinking size 3 or even 2). It will need protection, why not let the city build a skirm itself.

DeepO

Comment

And another idea, does anyone have a good feel for the timeframe involved? I mean, would a barracks be worth it? It's obvious we've got to rush, one deadline I see is that we can't let the Voice get to 60% defence.

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                            X