• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from Paddy
    let the good times roll, and let the people play
    Thank you.

from conmcb25
    But it wasn't decided ahead of time, and I don't want the Banana guys to suffer because the rest of us were too lazy to do so.
    The Bananas were just as lazy as anyone one on this. And to be fair no one thought we'd suck so bad as to have lost so soon.

from snoopy369
    1. Refugees are barred from discussing any details of their prior civ or knowledge that the current team does not have.
    2. Refugees are free to discuss anything they want.
    Option 1 seems a bit unrealistic. I would understand something like. Refugees cannot share past diplo messages, and screen shots with the new team.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• "2. Refugees may join other teams with which they have contact with."

This is a better option 2

I would also take that a step further and say when the two continents hook up, Banana (or any other team eliminated before contact) could then join a team on the other continent. Thats my interpretation however, I dont think that specifically needs to go into the rules.
      Woah there, only IF the banana player in question had not joined a team in the meanwhile.
      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• Originally posted by Kataphraktoi Woah there, only IF the banana player in question had not joined a team in the meanwhile.
        Agreed once you join another team no more hopping around. I think that goes without saying but yes agreed just to confirm
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• The line as quoted left certain uncertainties that could lead to disaster
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• None of this will matter if we can't figure out this other mess.

Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
              snoop I would prefer #2 to be:

"2. Refugees may join other teams with which they have contact with."

That one once the continents hook up someone could jump continents if they prefer.

I would also take that a step further and say when the two continents hook up, Banana (or any other team eliminated before contact) could then join a team on the other continent. Thats my interpretation however, I dont think that specifically needs to go into the rules.
              That, combined with:

Woah there, only IF the player in question had not joined a team in the meanwhile.
              makes sense to me.

Remember this is not only going to apply to Banana players - but to everyone in this game.
              I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• I like:

4. Refugees may join any other team without restrictions.

and

this is realistic and allows for game fun to continue

my team vote will be posted soon
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy
                  I like:

4. Refugees may join any other team without restrictions.

and

this is realistic and allows for game fun to continue

my team vote will be posted soon
                  If 2 remains as is, I tend to agree personally
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Okay, consider 2.1 "Refugees may join any team they have contact with" an option.

Please PM me your TEAM vote, don't post it here - it's too hard to figure out what's a vote

Thanks!
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• why close it with Pm's ?

why not open a new thread for the team Captains to post there

then all can see where the various teams really stand on this issue

unless you are going to post a sumation of all of the PM's ???
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I will post a vote summary, yes. My experience on voting is the threads always get muddled
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I think that if you don't join your conquorers or allies, that there should be a delay before you can join anyone.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy-O
                            Option 1 seems a bit unrealistic. I would understand something like. Refugees cannot share past diplo messages, and screen shots with the new team.
                            To me option 1 is the whole reason we're going through this, and limiting people to joining their conqueror (or teams they have contact with if we end up with that) is in part a way to limit how useful cheating (yes, sorry that's how I see it) would be.

Comment

• Option 1 in discussion is absolutely necessary if teams are allowed to join whomever they like.
                              As has been repeatedly pointed out in this thread, a defeated teams' member joining some civ out in the black would give quite an information advantage to that civ.
                              this is realistic
                              Fail to see how the first part is realistic.
                              If we take it realistically they don't even know that such civ exist, nor where they are.

Allowing free wandering and revealing info would result in situations where Columbus is specifically searching for Montezuma and knows quite precisely what he will be facing (and thus prepares accordingly).

Here one must note that it is impossible to deny people talking about something they know. If they won't do it on forum, they'll do it somewhere else.
                              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Here one must note that it is impossible to deny people talking about something they know. If they won't do it on forum, they'll do it somewhere else.
                                Which is why I'm in favour of limiting people to joining the conqueror, as it avoids most of these problems. Everyone just agree with me for the good of the game over their own fun and we can get back to concentrating on the game

Comment

Working...
                                X