No announcement yet.

cIV MPDemoGame Bake Sale & Icebreaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay. We are real busy in back. Enjoy the cake and coffee.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Um I need some more coffee, its been busy around here this morning
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Happy Halloween!!!

Let Halloween Vacation 2007 BEGIN!!!!

caramel corn and candy apples for all.

I'll be checking in here still, though. Things are actually shaping up to be semi-relaxing this year. One huge day tomorrow, then a bunch of casual days, then busy Tues and Wed. That's what happens whe you get helping hands for a change.

The larger version of this is my current desktop image. A scarecrow by moonlight.
        Attached Files
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

And this is only the beginning...

The tallest of the poles are 7' tall. The shortest, 3'.

103 skulls. 69 poles.

Daytime pic.

And Nightime pics:

The two totems there are serving as the entrance to the back yard. My kids designed and carved those faces.

I cut the camera down to my 5 year olds height...

One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm sacred and I'm on the other side of the planet!!!!
            Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
            The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
            Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
            Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Scary

Where did you get so many skulls? Been diggin the local graveyard?
              Last edited by binTravkin; October 28, 2007, 03:44.
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Nah, they're all 'hand made' .

Just for the record.

I detest the lighting.

It's boringly conventional crapola ****.

But, needed for a contest I intend to enter, and convenient to have this lit all weekend as opposed to my intended lighting. There will not be pics of that till Teusday. As I test out locations Monday night, and set it up Teusday for the full on dry run lighting/wiring test of the full haunt.

It's funny how a simple change of lighting effects the entire mood of the place. If it goes as planned. It will be more brightly lit, yet at the same time, much darker in mood...
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

It's amazing what people can do if they have a lot of free time and a lot of desire for fun

very good work!

Comment

Thats not really how it is though, UnO does NOT have a lot of free time.

He has a wife, three kids (one less than a year old), and a job.

Thats what makes this even more impressive. Heck he started this stuff in earnest last summer.

Job well done UnO!
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

"free time"

I just would typically rather be working on Halloween things than playing a computer game. I'm willing to bet most of you have more free time than I do.

Well, it's not even Halloween, per se. I really enjoy creating things with my own hands. Halloween provides that outlet, as does remodeling the house. Just we didn't remodel much this year (just painted the baby's room), so admittedly, I've spent more time on Halloween this particular year than in the past.

Next year however, when we refloor and repaint the entire upstairs...I'm kinda doubting I'll be able to get done what I'ld like to Halloween wise. Especially as that means completely tearing down my fishtanks and starting that over.

So, officially my priorities for free time go:

Remodel House -> Fish Tank -> Halloween -> Computer

Just house and fish tank don't always occur during a particular year.

That's a culmination of 4 years work, frankly. As far as the '07 additions, I started drawing plans December '06, and started building in April.

As for '08. I've already drawn plans and built prototypes of some things. But I expect it to take a few years before those concepts are fully realized to my liking.
                      Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; October 29, 2007, 19:35.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm even more impressed!

Comment

The video camera really didn't like the lighting, so none of the fog shows up, and I had to brighten it up a bunch which leaves it grainy. And it was taken well after 9PM when we turned the music down to let the kids get some sleep, so I had to overlay a song from our soundtrack onto it....but, it gives you a good idea what things were like.

The good pics will be getting up when I get a chance.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Amazing job Uno, just what I expected from ya.
                            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Finally getting pics uploaded.

The 30th on all these. Rainy, windy, crappy night.

Across the street, fire reflecting off the wet pavement.

The big scarecrow in the front my kids have renamed "Jack Jackula"...

Can't tell, but there was a bunch of bones hanging from it. They just didn't reflect the light as well as I'd hoped.

The field of skulls.

The back.

You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

You should join the WoW developers at Blizzard and design some really good undead dungeons.
                                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X