No announcement yet.

game admin role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't intend to quit being active, but do admit that I am a weaker player than many in community

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Personally if someone wants to join because they want to play... well and good.

If they want to join because they want to aid some other team... that is not agreeable to me.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

McMeadows did join us early, when we had no turn player.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

well I not sure why all this aid other team stuff is even a point...

emperor is a good lad, known throughout the community at various sites

I am not trying to coerce him for my team, if I wanted more players for the Horde, that is easy, i just let in those that have requested to join us

Jon if you want more turn players on your team, go get 'em... there are thousands of members here at Poly

I went to one person, stated a few facts that are openly posted in this thread, and he posted his willingness to join and get involved...

not so hard... actually a simple approach to a simple issue...

cheers
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

well, the normal situation is that people apply to the group

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Well, Paddy's had a chat to me, and I'm willing to join up with Team Vox to bring up their numbers if they want to have me. As some of you probably know, I'm a fairly active and experienced player around the Civ4 world and should be able to speed up save turnarounds for Vox considerably (if that is what is specifically the problem here).

Of course, I'm perfectly well aware that I may be entering in on a hopeless situation which my team has little chance of coming out of, but I don't particularly mind - the majority of the fun for me is in the playing and the struggles, not in the eventual victory or loss.
              Excellent initiative, it is much appreciated and I hope team Vox accepts you with haste and lets you help them.

whether I approached someone, or jon did, or whether we placed adverts across all game sites... to me it does not matter how the person is found, as long as they are a player of the game, enjoy the demo game experiences and will help keep the game moving along...

I am not trying to coerce him for my team, if I wanted more players for the Horde, that is easy, i just let in those that have requested to join us
              Indeed, considering this statement nye's argument seems void.
              Everyone is free to recruit for his own team, better yet, in recruiting for someone who's got no in-game connections, a person shows great interest in the game as a whole.

And I hope emperor is still interested.

EDIT: and I didn't read anyone saying that emperor should play Vox as a simple PBEM. He still has to play in a team (even if there's only two people active).
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

A couple of things I want to address.

First of all, I will NOT skip turns on a regular basis. IF there is a one time or short term issue related to a MIA turnplayer then I will do what needs doing, as will I if a team entirely disappears/quits. I will NOT simply skip turns once they hit 24 hours on a regular basis (or any other number). It was made clear to me that this was not desired earlier, and frankly it is not something I am willing to do either. It would take up far more of my time than I am interested in putting into this, and as was discussed earlier would bias the game for or against other teams unreasonably.

Having more members of the slower teams (Vox, Banana) is of course the best solution. I personally have no problem with emperor joining Vox, and I don't think there is an issue with him joining, if Jon is willing to have him, so long as he is truly joining the team and will help Vox try to win the game. I have seen no reason to believe he wouldn't. I do not consider it at this point to be something up for discussion (whether he is or is not permitted to join Vox or any other team) except for the team involved.

Any further discussion on the latter issue MUST be taken up, with me, via PM. Do not post in this thread about that any more, please. If you want to continue discussing turnplay issues in this thread, by all means feel free, though there are other threads for that as well.

Also, if there are players you know out there who might join either Vox or Banana, please post them in here. There are a number of new people either as a result of C4WDG or PTBS/PBEM activity who might well join a team in this game if approached. This is the best - and as far as I'm concerned only - way to deal with the current problem. Teams in the past have been resurrected as a result of new membership; Vox (PTWDG) is an example, and several very active members of this forum (Beta, for example, and later myself) came from that.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I just want to add this tid bit of info so all those involved have the same understanding of where thimgs are at with Team Banana

my few but important issues

the mods still failing to work
                  overtime season is in full swing at work,
                  my wife being diagnosed with stage 1 diabetes.....

I am doing what I can, when I can

and that is that

peace out
                  anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

I'd just like to give a heads up to the banana and vox active members. I hope you still have fun playing this game and don't see it as a chore. While we are all playing against each other in this game, on different teams, I'm sure we want everybody to have fun playing.
                    no sig

Comment

Applied to join the Vox group... sorry, I forgot that that's a requirement over at Apolyton (I'm more used to sites where that's done manually by moderators).

I have absolutely no intention of playing this game by myself as a PBEM. Even if I'm playing the saves regularly I'll be doing my best to keep this as much of a team effort as possible by constantly posting up reports and fishing for discussion on matters. It's no fun to play one a single player "pbem style" team in a democracy game anyway.

And I have no bias towards Paddy simply because he happened to be the one to go out and recruit me. (Why would I? I play for myself and for my team, and that's where my loyalties lie. I'm no mercenary. )
                      - Lord Parkin / emperor

Read all about my adventures in the Realms Beyond Pitboss 4 game!

Comment

-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I am willing to join. I am still new to Civ4 so have a lot to learn.

For a start what are the civs involved?

I think I read Banana are France but of the rest?

Ta
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

In turn order

Sarantium - England (Elizabeth: fin, phi)
                            Mercs - Germany (Frederick: cre, phi)
                            Vox - Russia (Catherine: cre, fin)
                            Banana - France (Louis: cre, ind)
                            Gathering Storm - Mali (Mansa Musa: fin, spi)
                            Horde - Mongolia (Kublai Khan: cre, agg)
                            Alpha Centauri - China (Qin Shi Huang: fin, ind)

Of the named teams Vox and Banana appear to need more turnplayers, but I think any team will welcome a new member should you want to join it.

Comment

Is there an interview process to join here as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Addled Platypus
                                my wife being diagnosed with stage 1 diabetes.....
                                You and your wife are in my thoughts.

Reality sometimes has a way of putting games in perspective, doesn't it?

Best of luck to your wife.
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X