X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done!

Thank you!
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Excellent! Thanks snoop! Thanks Gyathaar!
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• It was really all Gyathaar, I didn't do much else than PM him
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• it is still good work - noone from us has even PMed him

Comment

• yes...well done....
            "

Comment

• Wow, this is best news I've heard in a while.
              Gyathaar
              Firaxis
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• To be fair to Firaxis, this is an unfortunate but necessary consequence of Civ4's anti-cheating measures.

Though not even asking whether BTS installers want to go ahead and have their vanilla patched was a pretty bad choice.

Comment

• The patched game loaded just fine. Sarantium has played and passed the save to Team merc.

Sorry for the slight delay in playing, but the arrival of the patched save caught us a bit by surprise. A pleasant surprise though.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloreep
                    To be fair to Firaxis, this is an unfortunate but necessary consequence of Civ4's anti-cheating measures.

Though not even asking whether BTS installers want to go ahead and have their vanilla patched was a pretty bad choice.
                    Not saying this is how it's done in Civ, but in other games I've been a part of testing, the expansions borrowed bits from the vanilla games. So, it's possible an unpatched vanilla could cause problems with BTS, thus you wouldn't ask if it's ok.

Anyway, seems Mercs still can't get off this weekend schedule.

Unless one of the other members can get to it, it'll probably be Sunday morning before I can due to me promising to help out my brother tomorrow.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                      Not saying this is how it's done in Civ, but in other games I've been a part of testing, the expansions borrowed bits from the vanilla games. So, it's possible an unpatched vanilla could cause problems with BTS, thus you wouldn't ask if it's ok.
                      Yes, quite true. I more meant that they could have notified the installing player that it would be patched, and given them a chance to exit installation before it went forward.

Comment

• good news :-)

So, I didn't miss a single turn while on holiday...
                        no sig

Comment

• I cannot open the save............

Any advice?
                          Attached Files
                          I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• What version number is your civ4 install ?
                            no sig

Comment

• All discovered! Nugog' s system and the game are good, while mine
                              not,because I have not the patch yet.

Just the save is wrong, I'll post in the thread now.

Best regards,

Comment

• Just an FYI:

GS has the save, I've patched to 1.74 and the latest DirectX, and can load the save. I've posted an update to our turn thread and let team members know what they have to do to load the save, so we're all good - just waiting on usual input window.

Comment

Working...
                                X