Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow lots of responses there ET still none of them make a scrap of difference to how i see things !!!

I will still if I wish make roleplay postings, I will endeavour not to break the no contact till in game contact and the no specifics rules but I will not be told I cannot roleplay !!!

Any team that wishes to make public details of its own civ should surely have the right to do so !!!

If Golden Bear wants to privately PM me any time asking me not to raise questions about his chronicles then Id be more than happy to oblige !

This no contact agreement you speak of is nothing more than a sham, certain people have attempted to take an honestly agreed upon ruling about no contact prior to in game contact, and twist into a means to close down all roleplay and therefore all fun !! not going to happen.
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

You can roleplay as much as you like, CM!
      There is no rule that prevents it. If you like to make roleplay post about the in-game matters. Do it in your private forum or via e-mail/PM to those civs you have contact with. ...but remember not to include information about teams that have not contacted each other.

And you CAN roleplay in the public forums also.
      You can tell i.e. how you Lord Chris (or something) won some skills tournament and got a big trophy.
      You can tell what kind of palace you have.
      You can tell about some hunting trips with King Paddy.

Only thing you CAN'T tell is informations about your civ or some other civ before every civ have contact with each other.
      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube
        Obviously some people here are bent on stamping out all roleplay in this demo game. Golden Bear is only the first casualty of this merciless campaign of terror. I will not be the next casualty. Nothing that was posted here convinced me that "No team may have game-related discussions with a team they have not met in game" can be extended to "Teams may not post in-game matters in a public forum until all teams have contact with all other teams", because posting does not constitute inter-team discussion. Inter-team discussion is conducted through other channels.

Of course I'm against policing the game Klo. I overreacted with that statement. It was posted in the heat of discussion. I agree that no contact out of game until contact in game should be the rule for any team, but that must not include restrictive rules on posting.
        *coughdiplogamescough*
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Re: Rule Listing

Originally posted by snoopy369
          IN GAME DIPLOMATIC ACTIONS
          • The trading OR gifting of Great People, ie the units that are generated by Great People Points in cities, or that are generated by the acquisition of certain techs, is explicitly forbidden for any purpose.
          I thought it was agreed GP trading was allowed?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Nope, there was a big discussion about it and it was (narrowly, IIRC) voted down. So, there is no trading of Great Persons.

E_T
            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
            Worship the Comic here!
            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube
              Three questions.
              let's see what they are

What was the reason that swayed your team to vote for these restrictive rules?
              probabley the same reason that the other teams also voted in whatever manner, for what ever rule. Because we (all of the teams) beleaved that they were needed, for the enjoyment and good of this game.

Are you aware that no meaningful posting can be made in the public forum for at least a year, possibly more?
              All depends on what it's about, but mainly, yes.

If yes, are you happy with that? If no, help me put an end to these restrictions and make this game more interesting for players and lurkers alike.
              I'm satisfied as to the results of the rules votes, by all of the teams. And I'm satisfied as to the work that Snoopy369 & Aeson are doing with the role that we have given them, with the rule set that we have given them.

And as for changing things, well, If you want to start a different game, with a different set of rules, then go ahead. The rules for this game were fairly well set, long before we had started. As there are a few rules that we have kind of left for later, to hash out (like the refugee issue), but mostly, the rules that govern this game were set up before we started, so that we wouldn't be changing things around every 2 or 3 months. This gives stability in knowing what we can and can not do, from start to finish.

And as for changing rules in mid play, well IMVHO, we should refrain from. Because, if someone doesn't like one rule and wants it changed, now, what is to prevent someone else from wanting to change another rule, at a different time. Now, if we do find that a rule is grosely unbalancing and needs to be changed or we find that we need a rule to govern some unknown exploit (although, IIRC, the general rule we have covers that, but I'm using this as an example), then we can discuss and vote on it.

But, from my viewpoint, I beleave that the rules, as they are now, are good enough. There is nothing that really needs to be changed, except for some minor wording of some of them. But thats symantics..

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Ljube, roleplay is mostly about non-game issues. Lots of the newspapers in previous demogames contained only fake info. If you really want to roleplay, create such a newspaper. It can contain fake interviews with some refugee from a different tribe who complained about the harsh environment under king X, announcements of big parties to celebrate the year 3000BC, a pseudo-scientific breakdown of why the panther is faster than the bear, ... All things you know everybody encounters in almost each game can be told about. You just can't tell things like "in 3280 BC we finally beat the barbarian warrior that had killed our 3 scouts in the year before". In my opinion there's more roleplay allowed than prohibited.
                no sig

Comment

Teams should not discuss their relations with a third team that has not contacted one of the teams. May teams discuss having contact with a third team but not mention the team's name?

This one is a bit difficult.

Why are you building so many units?

Err... we're hunting pheasant. Yes, that's it, hunting pheasant.

Pheasant?

They're very large.

It's hard to govern what is discussed after contact. That was the reasoning of allowing screen shots to be traded. Describing terrain is much better done with an image over 1000 words.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

IMO the team could say that they are building them because of another civ, but not mention it's name or location or any other information.
                    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

OK, but take 3 civs.

None of them can ever discuss the third civ, because they aren't allowed to say they have contact...

I understand snoop is doing his best to come up with a coherent rule set, and I think that's a very good thing, but I don't see how we should restrict discussions between teams in contact.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

As for the subject of public forum posting and role play, maybe we can find a compromise?

Perhaps a game date like 1000BC or 1AD after which people can post their stories?
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

I tihnk that people should be able to talk about a 3rd Civ with a 2nd Civ that hasn't met them yet (if they can talk to both Civs..)

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            As for the subject of public forum posting and role play, maybe we can find a compromise?

Perhaps a game date like 1000BC or 1AD after which people can post their stories?

That's a reasonable compromise. I support this proposal!

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
                              This happens already in the game. You get a message when someone builds a wonder or founds a religion. So there is no need for posting in-game stuff before the communication network (contacts) are world wide.

I don't know what the world map looks like, but depending on it worldwide communication network could be established as late as one year from now, even two years from now. In my opinion, that's too long to wait for any posting. Perhaps a compromise could be found, a year set after which prohibitions on posting could be lifted, like notyoueither suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
                                You can roleplay as much as you like, CM!
                                There is no rule that prevents it. If you like to make roleplay post about the in-game matters. Do it in your private forum or via e-mail/PM to those civs you have contact with. ...but remember not to include information about teams that have not contacted each other.

And you CAN roleplay in the public forums also.
                                You can tell i.e. how you Lord Chris (or something) won some skills tournament and got a big trophy.
                                You can tell what kind of palace you have.
                                You can tell about some hunting trips with King Paddy.

Only thing you CAN'T tell is informations about your civ or some other civ before every civ have contact with each other.

That's cool, and yes, we like roleplaying and we practice it in our forum and we use it in our communications with others, but we also like to post reports about our achievements, which is going to be difficult with the current rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X