Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There appears to be a problem with the Team Merc mailing list.

I've notified Sarantium via team e-mail of the direct addresses of our usual turnplayers, so hopefully this shouldn't be an issue even if it isn't resolved before the turn comes around.

Comment

• Gurka 17, People of the Valley
      I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Our boosted pace begins to show results as Vox starts recieving turns earlier and earlier (last turn was friday, this thursday).
        Let's try to keep pace of under 12h for turns where nothing special, requiring a discussion (as opposed to pre-discussed/planned stuff) happens, and additionally keep planning-ahead as much as possible.

Doubling the pace should be the goal for next year (140 turns).
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• sure hope there is still at least one person per team interested in this game after another year at such speeds...
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Oh, then team AC can be quite proud, I can count at least 4 such persons and it should be getting better as game starts to get more eventful..

(or am I being naive )
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• ahhh but what of in 1 years time, will all 4 be quite as active

I hope so for all teams... but........
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• It has been my experience teams run a lifecycle roughly thus:

1. team is born, high activity, games starts, everyone is excited.

2. Reality sets in that nothing is going to happen for months to years, the builders remains active to argue about whether it's better to cottage or farm that grassland tile.

3. War is inevitably declared, team activity is restored at the outset of the war. Eventually a clear winner is decided.

4a. If the team is clearly going to lose, a few typically stick around to see the teams final moments. Occasionally a team just ups and everyone quits in discrace.

4b. If the team is clearly on the winning side, return to step 2.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I think you're being too simplistic, but it's close to reality.

We need wars that last long and are hardly decided!

Comment

• Are we moving then?

Comment

• I know I have the save, got it earlier today, I Think.

I haven't played it yet though.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• You actually got it around 24h ago

Why don't you set up some notifier?
                        E.g. gmail has an installable desktop notifier, similarly MSN (hotmail/msn) has one. Some other mails have such too.
                        Or just associate your account with Outlook (Express) or similar software - it will notify you when it arrives.

Comment

• I don't run my computer all the time.... I saw that the save had come in Thursday morning, I played it Thursday night.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Well, it doesn't need to be run all the time. If you have a notifier, it will notify you anytime you come online (as it will auto-check the mail).

Comment

• if you played it, and have posted here since, why not a post uin the turn tracking thread, save some of us having to go all over the shop working out where it is up to etc...
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Umm, as I said, I knew I had it Thursday morning. The reason I don't always know over the weekend is that I don't boot up that computer.

While I boot up the computer pretty much every workday morning, and use it through out the day, there is often time when it isn't on, especially in the evening.

The CD for Civ4 was then at home, so I had to wait until I had gotten home, taken a nap, ate, before I could play (of course, I didn't play until I had screwed around a bit, but I think that is my option).

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X