This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by binTravkin
    Kinda strange to have 1 turnplayer for a 34-player team (the biggest!).
    You have despotism in GS?
    Not really, when a lot of those people are lurking or don't even have the game loaded anymore or don't even have the game (nor a computer that can play Civ4) or aren't very active at the time, it happens.

Which then becomes more of a burden on the people who do play the save, because we have to provide more info (screenshots, with circles & arrows and a Paragraph on the back of each of them...) than if eveyone was all looking at the save at the same time.

It just the nature of the beast that is a DG team....

And I agree with UnO, it;s interesting to see how different groups do some of these things.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• Sorry for the delay everyone. I gave the team notice of my work trip, but we must have just hit unfortunate timing as it appears there were no ready and/or willing members ready to step up. We'll look at having designated alternates next time. It now looks like Arrian is going to play it, and should that not occur, nye will tackle it when he's off work. I'll be back in town on the weekend.

Comment

• Yes, it appears we may need a better backup system... sorry 'bout that. Turn played and sent.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• AC sent the wrong save to Sarantium

E_T
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• corrected
            no sig

Comment

• Thanks
              Worship the Comic here!

Comment

• BAH!!! Received the save on Sunday AGAIN!!! Not only are the normal things going on, but it's my dad's 60th birthday and the family has gathered from far and wide (ok, just from the mid-west). I will play it on Monday morning.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Hope it was a good party and that you all had a good time.

E_T
                  Worship the Comic here!

Comment

• Hmm, looks like I'm playing the merc turn for the first time since turn 1.

(lets see how bad I mess up the builderers plans... )

Give me a few moments to get the email addy's in order, then it'll be off.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Looks like another delay as one of our chief members has unexplicably dissappeared with a choice ahead of us (Jon, where have you gone???).
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• toss a coin....
                        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
                          Looks like another delay as one of our chief members has unexplicably dissappeared with a choice ahead of us (Jon, where have you gone???).
                          Have you thought of "Retire Civilization?"

Comment

• What else would a coin toss be for?

BTW, Sometime tonight I'll play the save.

PS- GO BEARS!!!!!!

Comment

• The Horde has the save, but we may need extra time on this turn. There are matters that now must be addressed:

1. Where is the beer? Surely we got plenty in for the long weekend!
                              2. Do we allow the women folk to do the BBQ as we are hung over?
                              3. Why is it that a 24 hour period on the weekend is a lot shorter than a 24 hour period during the working week?
                              4. Has anyone found the bloody beer yet?
                              Long Live The Horde
                              Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
                              Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubychaser
                                The Horde has the save, but we may need extra time on this turn. There are matters that now must be addressed:

1. Where is the beer? Surely we got plenty in for the long weekend!
                                2. Do we allow the women folk to do the BBQ as we are hung over?
                                3. Why is it that a 24 hour period on the weekend is a lot shorter than a 24 hour period during the working week?
                                4. Has anyone found the bloody beer yet?
                                Answers in order:

1. I have the beer
                                2. Heresy women cant make BBQ worth an *explitive*, be a man and make BBQ with a hang over, I suggest you find beer and have a few, hang overs are always better after a pint or two
                                3. Because one can never drink enough beer on weekends! That was a bit of a silly question mate
                                4. Yep, I found it but of course drank it. Moral of the story: "Make sure con doesn't find the beer!"

In all seriousness, thanks for letting us know about the delay, tell Paddy to sober up please!
                                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                                X