• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks for playing :-)
    no sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal
      A little over 10 hours later...
      Not sure what happened. I sent the save just before I posted to the save tracker thread that I had done so. I just now got a warning from hotmail that the message had been delayed. If you don't get my message immediately then warn me, so I can do something about it...

Comment

• I have been held up with an extra class, will play when finished.
        The Sherrin Foundation
        Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

• Originally posted by polarnomad

Not sure what happened. I sent the save just before I posted to the save tracker thread that I had done so. I just now got a warning from hotmail that the message had been delayed. If you don't get my message immediately then warn me, so I can do something about it...
          I had no problems getting the save. I was just saying that we played it in a little over 10 hours. It was just some words of encouragement because that turn had taken so long to come around.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I had no problems getting the save. I was just saying that we played it in a little over 10 hours. It was just some words of encouragement because that turn had taken so long to come around.
            Oh ok. Thought you were a bit miffed.

Comment

• oops.. I should have posted this here and not the turn thread:
              Originally posted by Flamer(fin)
              team AC sent a wrong save

send the right one, please
              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

• Take your time guys... the NFL season has started and all I want to do is NOT get the save on Sundays!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Still many hours until kickoff I'm sure.

Comment

• Problem is that I work 3rd shift and I only get sleep between 8am and kickoff at noon.

Save might be over 24 hours cause I'm too tired right now...

Comment

Hint: Don't give me the save on Sunday.
                      Do you not have another turnplayer available? In all likelihood, you will continue to receive the turn on Sundays. Besides, it takes maybe 20 min to play the turn and post results to your forum.

Comment

• maybe we could start to coordinate with the various turn players for a smooth turn around of the save?
                        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                        I am of the Horde.

Comment

Do you not have another turnplayer available? In all likelihood, you will continue to receive the turn on Sundays. Besides, it takes maybe 20 min to play the turn and post results to your forum.
                          The alternative turnplayer hasn't posted in a month, and if we continue to get the save on Sunday, expect it to take more that 24 hours (however, there is a bit of a reprieve in that I will have 3 Sundays off after this coming weekend, but then its right back to being no good).

Playing the turn in Vox involves getting the turn, loading the turn, do a couple of things, post about it and add screenshots, take some time to let all team members have their say, then finish the turn and pass it along. This usually takes about 10 hours depending on how quickly the active members post their thoughts on questions. It is also quite dependant on time allowed by the wife and kid.

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                          maybe we could start to coordinate with the various turn players for a smooth turn around of the save?
                          If we try this, my worst times are weekends. Any of them. Saturday and Sunday are pretty much regulated to family or sleep (sleep is dependant on work schedule, and family... I love them so don't go there). Best times for me is 1400-1700 GMT and 0300-0400 GMT any weekday.

Comment

• The alternative turnplayer hasn't posted in a month, and if we continue to get the save on Sunday, expect it to take more that 24 hours (however, there is a bit of a reprieve in that I will have 3 Sundays off after this coming weekend, but then its right back to being no good).
                            So get another one!

Playing the turn in Vox involves getting the turn, loading the turn, do a couple of things, post about it and add screenshots, take some time to let all team members have their say, then finish the turn and pass it along. This usually takes about 10 hours depending on how quickly the active members post their thoughts on questions. It is also quite dependant on time allowed by the wife and kid.
                            I believe it's the same in most teams..
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

We are quite spoiled with how we run things in the Merc Team, the fact we have many members willing/able/and wanting to play the saves, and much discussion between turns, actually. There's typically little to question by the time a save gets to us. I've been quite proud of our team staying pretty active, attentive, and organized despite (perhaps because of) our anarchal rules, actually.

Don recounts a pretty typical (in my experience) notion of turnplay in these games, and it can be slow.

Family first Don. I think some kind of semi-set schedule will help with a couple of the teams, and flow in general, actually.
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• yep, I've noticed the mercs are indeed the fastest playing team (typically under 8 hours).
                                no sig

Comment

Working...
                                X