Demogames @ the Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demogames @ the Convention

As you might or might not be aware, Apolyton is hosting a gaming convention in the Baltimore area this upcoming July (see sig for more info).

This thread is for discussion about possible demogames at the Con. Rule variants, logistics requests, and other discussions can be kept in this thread for now... as we get closer to July, however, and if this idea takes off, I suspect that there will probably be a series of threads about varying topics (team building, challenge throwing, etc).

If the moderator of this board could top this thread (if you see fit), I would greatly appreciate it.

Suggestions? Ideas? From what I've heard, a standard demogame takes a while... but Conmcb played around a little with the Civ 4 settings and he and his kids were able to complete a single game within 4 hours (he can tell you more) so he believes that it can be done.

Thanks!

An update...

By this time next week we will know for a fact whether everything is a 100% go. During my trip to Baltimore this week, KH and I will be meeting with representatives of both Big Huge Games and Firaxis, confirming attendence at specified Convention functions for representatives from both companies (Brian, Sid, Soren, Tim Train, whomever). We will also meet various hotel people, getting final quotes and contracts, accepting one of the RFP's and "regretfully" declining the others.

It's going to be a busy time. Convention updates will appear on the ApolyCon forum.

Comment

Great John, Ill work on my 'concept' and post it here in the near future.

I think as soon as we nail down dates and a place we will get more interest.
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Dates and times are nailed down... registration has been up for a week - why aren't you registered yet????

Though... there probably isn't need for a demogames. Firaxis is creating a Civ 4 map/mod exclusively for ApolyCon and has graciously volunteered 8 computers for a MP tourney.

The lobbying for the 6 seats (Dan and Mark get 2, of course) will be fierce, I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Dates and times are nailed down... registration has been up for a week - why aren't you registered yet????

Though... there probably isn't need for a demogames. Firaxis is creating a Civ 4 map/mod exclusively for ApolyCon and has graciously volunteered 8 computers for a MP tourney.

The lobbying for the 6 seats (Dan and Mark get 2, of course) will be fierce, I'm sure.
          so we dont have to lug on PC up their..awesome

Maybe we could do a kind of a succession game with one of the PC?

Just a thought

those are fun as heck as well
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well... I'd still lug a PC. After all, there's only eight computers and they'll be used only for the Firaxis-sponsored MP tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              Well... I'd still lug a PC. After all, there's only eight computers and they'll be used only for the Firaxis-sponsored MP tournament.
              Good Point
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

looks like fun
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                X