What is a Demo game? Please explain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright bin!

It can be done, Ive finished a lan game with my kids, fairly normal settings in less than 4 hours, and we are going to be there for 3 DAYS!

I think we can figure out some way to do it.

Hence the need for wireless internet JohnT

I mean when Beta is MCing an event, we are all going to be BORED out of our skulls, so what should we do? Play CIV of course
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

It is good to know that the personna projected by our team is the one desired.
      Uhm... is that English? I can clearly make out English words in that sentence, but I can't get any meaning from it (

But seriously, win or lose, I expect we will have a good time doing it.
      Yes, I kind of expected that, maybe too much? =)

As for demo sessions, when will we see one start and how will the setup be? I'm considering joining in, mostly for the fun. Given that any teams will have me that is.

Comment

Are you coming to ApolyCon?
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Great post(s), Con!

I'll see about having a topped thread for "Demogames @ the Con" suggestions. Cool?

Anything I can do to make this happen, just let me know. I don't know much about the gaming itself so I'm going to leave the "Demogames @ the Con rules" creation to somebody(s) else, but I do have to know what y'all need/want to make this possible. So far I have:

1. Wireless high-speed internet.
          2. Blocks of rooms.

Be sure to think about it and let me know soonest as we will be able to put those requirements in the contract we'll sign with the hotel.

Thanks!
          Last edited by JohnT; November 11, 2005, 09:04.

Comment

I created a thread specifically about Demogames @ the Convention.

Again... thanks, Conmcb! I, too, believe that with some good pre-planning and organization by the players, demogame competitions will be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
              Great post(s), Con!

I'll see about having a topped thread for "Demogames @ the Con" suggestions. Cool?

Anything I can do to make this happen, just let me know. I don't know much about the gaming itself so I'm going to leave the "Demogames @ the Con rules" creation to somebody(s) else, but I do have to know what y'all need/want to make this possible. So far I have:

1. Wireless high-speed internet.
              2. Blocks of rooms.

Be sure to think about it and let me know soonest as we will be able to put those requirements in the contract we'll sign with the hotel.

Thanks!
              Thanks JohnT!

It will indeed be possible. Internet is a must. A block of rooms would be a whole hell of a lot easier but not necessarily a show stopper.

Depending upon who wants to play, it would be ideal if all the teams had someone with a room on the same floor and within close proximity. That would make the diplo part of the game much easier. I walk out of our "team room" and knock on the door of team room "b", we talk in the hall or if there is a seating area at the end of the hall way or something like that.

We maintain the privacy of the teams, but have ready access to talk.

And it wont add much if anything to the cost of the convention because we are renting our own rooms anyway.

Thats my thoughts, Ill post in the thread in the ApolyCon forum.

(Several times Beta )

Comment

Actually, post it in the linked thread here in the Civ 4 forums. It'll likely get more exposure for the time being...

Comment

Originally posted by sittingsparrow

Uhm... is that English? I can clearly make out English words in that sentence, but I can't get any meaning from it (

As for demo sessions, when will we see one start and how will the setup be? I'm considering joining in, mostly for the fun. Given that any teams will have me that is.
                  To put it another way, it is good to know that our team is not being taken seriously. I like being under estimated by an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                    Actually, post it in the linked thread here in the Civ 4 forums. It'll likely get more exposure for the time being...
                    Good idea

Comment

Just wait 'till you see the weapon DO's been working on. Funny AND deadly.

Comment

Working...
                      X