Roleplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roleplay

I love roleplaying. I hope we see alot of it in both the SP and MP demo games.

WHOS WITH ME?!?!
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Not me. To much BS wrapped in "roleplay" to justify piss poor behavior in another Demo Game around here.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

hmm, ok

Roleplay with a heavy emphasis on courtesy.

WHOS WITH ME?!

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
        Not me. To much BS wrapped in "roleplay" to justify piss poor behavior in another Demo Game around here.
        and I thought I was grouchy tonight

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25

Thats got to be a reference to the c3c demo game.

Shame that as for me ive enjoyed the game and the roleplay, the thing thats pissed me off is the whingers and whiners who get so uppity when things dont go well for them then start slagging people off !!

Ive got into a few busts myself there defending mates who have come under some very vindictive abuse in the public forum, from the whingers and whiners.

Ive also been the target myself on several occasions.

Yes lots of BS has occured, but still on the whole the game has been a positive experience for me and the team i belong to as we have stuck together as true friends and come through united in the face of so much abuse.
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Role-play can be interpreted in different ways by different people. Apolyton has many different people represented, coming from all over the world.

Misunderstandings can happen very easily in the base language that we all use, so easily. Let us rise above this for the community that I have read so much of these past years lurking here.

These games remain games, and the attacks sure have gone from game play to personal, all the way from flaming to sending vicious and degrading emails to players familes.

Role-playing is a great interaction between players, and can really add so much to a game. Let it not be lost in frustration.

Is it time to have some clear guidelines on role-play, so that there is no confusion here.
            The Sherrin Foundation
            Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

well said James well said
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

There should be some guidelines and rules. Shall we make some?

Comment

I think we should yes and im happy to be a part of that process if you require assistance, as im sure James is too

Comment

what do we need rules for roleplaying for? just have a big thread labeled "roleplaying" in the forum and then step back and watch. If people take things personally its their own fault

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus

Thats got to be a reference to the c3c demo game.

Shame that as for me ive enjoyed the game and the roleplay, the thing thats pissed me off is the whingers and whiners who get so uppity when things dont go well for them then start slagging people off !!

Ive got into a few busts myself there defending mates who have come under some very vindictive abuse in the public forum, from the whingers and whiners.

Ive also been the target myself on several occasions.

Yes lots of BS has occured, but still on the whole the game has been a positive experience for me and the team i belong to as we have stuck together as true friends and come through united in the face of so much abuse.
                      What is the difference between whingers and whiners?

Comment

g

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                          what do we need rules for roleplaying for? just have a big thread labeled "roleplaying" in the forum and then step back and watch. If people take things personally its their own fault
                          Do you play in many team based demo games H Tower?
                          The Sherrin Foundation
                          Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                            g
                            Smartass.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by James the Scot
                              Do you play in many team based demo games H Tower?
                              I will step in and say that I have and do...and I have the same basic philosophy as H Tower.

Roll playing is just that roll play for the game. If some one takes it personal then it is their issue. However, if someone takes what I say in roll play as a personal attack, I do and have aplogized for it stating that it was only in the context of the game itself. If they can not move on from there, I say it's their problem and I refuse to let it interrupt the fun of the game itself.
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Working...
                              X