780ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 780ad

Nabu-rimani, great scientist, is born in AB.

Pair of workers finished mine for port zulu

worker arrived south of berlin heading for the corn

Settler\Spear 2-2-2-2 of foxtrot-are they supposed to head 3 and found city on the edge of hordeland?

Basically we are looking to ramp up food production whereever possible, cottaging grassland and whatever else to get the science rate up. I delayed the pantheon for starting a worker last turn-im not sure how well planned out that wonder was, and we do need workers soon.
    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

They were either planned to settle RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE, or move 1 tile 7. I prefer 7, but the rest of the team was thinking right where it is, so that is the spot.

IT should work the GEMS from Foxtrot, allowing foxtrot to work more hammer-centric tiles, and we should get the other gems mined for it asap. And it needs a road on 7 and 7-7 soonish. Then crossbows could cover both it and Echo.

In the mean time, it's best to get some more units near it.

Poprush a theater at size 2, build walls till then, just in case. Otherwise, focus on libraries, markets, and other cashflow enhancers.

Hills get windmills, grasses get cottages. Pure economy city.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

They were either planned to settle RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE, or move 1 tile 7. I prefer 7, but the rest of the team was thinking right where it is, so that is the spot.
      OK. I like right where they are too, since we can get the wheat.

In the mean time, it's best to get some more units near it.
      Right, i started repositioning units last turn. That 4 axes\1 spear stack 2 of foxtrot has full MP and can move towards our new city at any time starting now.

IT should work the GEMS from Foxtrot, allowing foxtrot to work more hammer-centric tiles, and we should get the other gems mined for it asap. And it needs a road on 7 and 7-7 soonish.
      Right, need to mine that grassland hill to give it more hammer tiles then.

We should be able to have currency in 6 turns factoring in econ growth. Right now with all theoretical decisions implemented we are looking at 7 turns. I assume we are settling the GS aswell(needed for that 7 turn estimate).
      A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Comment

What is the lightbulb option on the scientist? Philosophy?

And, does AC have it?

And if they do have it I wonder what the option would become?

Perhaps trading the lightbulbed tech may be more valuable than settling. Or, alternately trading for Philosophy then lightbulbing whatever's next.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

AC doesnt have it listed in their diplo menu.

According to civfanatics, if we obtained philosophy it would become Compass. Next after that is Astronomy(with calendar?)

Im starting to like the idea of bulbing it and trading for AC tech. Maybe trade Philosophy for Calendar+?

But if we insist on not taking techs already promised to us the remaining AC techs available, while advanced, are of little use. I would almost be forced to make it my official vote that we do the Drama for Monarchy trade and trade Philosophy for perhaps Calendar+something else and to heck with the reparations. This is from a best-for-the-nation standpoint i suppose.

Comment

Cannot do monarchy, it's under contract already. Yes, we need to insist on that.

Best-for-the-concept needs to take precident here. We already agreed to a trade, we can't violate it.

Philo for Calendar+ sounds good. I need the in-game costs of each, then I can ask AC if they're interested before we consume that GS.

If we do Philo and Drama, we can probably get Calendar and something else. I can't recall what all else they have. Value is relative.

They have caravels at least, so we could get that tech to go meet GS.
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Ill accept that, but i cant figure out why accepting a promised tech from someone else violates a "trade" agreement.

Value is relative.
              Yes but under ACs stated preferences for beaker-to-beaker arrangements, not relative value trades, Drama is almost worth Calendar by itself.

Our available techs;
              Philo:1141
              Drama:429

Known AC techs:
              Calendar:500
              Currency:572
              Theology:715
              Optics:858
              Compass:572
              Code of Laws:500
              Monarchy:429
              *Paper:858
              **Civil Service:1144
              **Guilds:1430
              ***Feudalism:1430

Astronomy(2860), Philosophy(1144), Divine Right(1716), Printing Press(2280), Education(2574), Banking(1001), Gunpowder(1716), Engineering(1430) are all techs they could research. With Philosophy opens up Nationalism(2574)

*They must have paper because we can initiate map trades in diplo window.
              **They are running both Mercantilism and Bureaucracy civics also in diplo window
              ***If they have guilds....

We have plenty to choose from anyway

Comment

Bureaucrazy doesn't mean anything, they have the pyramids.

Guilds = knights, right?

What's the prereq for it that we're lacking?
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Oh yeah, i keep thinking the Pyramids=granery in every city. I never liked the free civic deal.

What's the prereq for it that we're lacking?[
                  Monarchy->Feudalism->Guilds

Comment

Are we agreed to bulb philosophy? It occurs to me we cant keep holding the turn awaiting their reply. They seem friendly towards tech trades, perhaps we should just bulb it and plan on trading it away.

Comment

Nah, just don't do anything with the scientist, we can bulb it next turn if we go that route.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Founded Munich, caused a drop of 6-7 from cashflow but should make it up.
                        Jungle near hamburg removed, hamburg working the sugar now
                        1 worker roads the mine north of port zulu, other goes on road and begins a cottage.
                        Worker arrived at berlins corn, beginning farm
                        4 axe, 1 spear moved up behind munich. Since horde can see the cities base square they can stay there until its borders expand.

BTW lighthouse in port lima will be done next turn,we could switch both (or just one) citizens off mines and putting them on water tiles for a 10 food surplus and helping cash flow. And for its next building, probably a library.

Comment

We need better city names...wonder where that thread went.

Keep in mind the keshiks are not hampered by moving through the jungle.

Maybe another spear down there. And get our ponies in range, and road to it asap. (or we beg them to attack just to get some ass whoopin going again)
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Sure its possible for them to destroy the city at any time, but versus a spear on a hill, they would probably take 3-4 keshik losses to take it. Thats pretty expensive attrition rate. Atleast to my thinking. Would they try that?

Of course they are in the position of having little chance to win. Who knows what they wouldnt do

So sure lets move the spear to the city

Comment

Nah. Let em attack. give us an excuse to mutilate and humiliate them.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X