X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Alpha Centauri Diplomacy

Greetings from Team Mercenary,

It's good to finally meet!

We look forward to a long and *profitable* relationship between our peoples.

As such, I notice you presently lack the knowledge of Drama, which we possess. I am sure some manner of exchange can be negotiated.

Also, should you be interested in a screenshot of our topographical map, we are sure such an arrangement could be negotiated.

I will be getting you a copy of our contract history soon (it's rather long), but now both continents have met, we may just post it publicly. If you have any questions, please ask, and we will be happy to answer.

-UnOrthOdOx
    Team Mercenary Representative
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Good news! We can always use another client, of course.

What does the rest of the tech situation between our two teams look like?
    Join a Democracy Game today!
    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Except, they aren't answering...

Rest of the tech situation? They're so far ahead, it's not funny. They have virtually everything we could research, exception being music.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Are you sure you sent it to the correct address/team representative/turn player (binTravkin?)? Have they read the PM??

And, in the worst-case scenario, since we know intercontinental contact is possible - could we defend against a naval invasion?
        Join a Democracy Game today!
        | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

binTravkin did not read it, the team mail posted on the main thread is inactive, I got ahold of another team member who is relaying it.

No, we could not defend against a naval invasion as it would surely be coordinated with Sarantium and/or Horde. Now, if they mess up and land the units there and make a unified front...unlikely but potentially possible.
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

They don't seem to have your address either (and say your inbox is full UnO)

Use c4dg.centaurians@gmail.com

Comment

It was full, I got that email on the full box and deleted a bunch of crap.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                Rest of the tech situation? They're so far ahead, it's not funny. They have virtually everything we could research, exception being music.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Some more ''recent'' diplo activity. Im looking into this. Apparently they couldnt get ahold of us either, here is\was their greeting.

Greetings in the Mercenary lands!

As you might have noticed a scouting party has recently stumbled upon your border outposts. Those guys have come long way over sea and through the jungle to meet your prosperous nation, so be kind of them and don't expect them to pay much for anything.

We are interested in a trade exchange of Drama vs Monarchy, which is a fair trade. However, for all teams we trade with, we ask them to sign our Tech Trade Treaty (TTT):

---
                  1.a Technology trades will be based on beakers with equality being the goal.
                  1.b Differences can be made up in gold immediately or beaker-credits can be awarded.
                  1.c The gold/beaker exchange rate is not fixed and depends only on mutual agreement.

2. Each of the civs agrees not to retrade any technology acquired in trade from the other without prior agreement of the researching nation.

3. Arranged trades are kept even if a tech to be traded for is acquired by other means.
                  ---

If you could officially sign this treaty, the Drama <=> Monarchy exchange is something we can both benefit from immediately.

We are also positive about your proposal for exchange of territory screenshots. We do think however, our screenshots will cover a lot more "unknown land" for you than yours will contain for us. I'm sure we'll be able to balance this inequality in one way or another.

Your last point, about the contract history, we'd rather have it not being made completely public yet. We don't want GS to know we've met the other continent. We are very interested to see it though, so we can get an idea about your various rates.

For The Glory Of The One Yang
                  Team Alpha Centauri
                  A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

Oh and judging from demographic\score\power activity over last several turns, i think its quite clear that GS and AC are at war. We might as well continue to cooperate with AC, techs like drama wont make a difference.
                    A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Comment

We cannot trade for Monarchy as one of the others are supposed to give it to us, and we have to give them that chance.

IDEALLY, they'll give us some tech in exchange for some Sarantium and/or Horde cities. They win (as if anything can stop that now), we're still standing, and have successfully lived by our theme.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

We are very interested to see it[our map] though, so we can get an idea about your various rates
                        IDEALLY, they'll give us some tech in exchange for some Sarantium and/or Horde cities.
                        Sounds like you two are on the same page here-hire out Mercs for tech and let AC clean the rest? I wouldnt shed any tears over hordes\sarantiums demise.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sending them our contract history so they can get a look at how we work. Tried to talk them into letting me just post it in public. Less work.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Im making a number of maps up that we can use in trade, they indicate these have good value to them(looming invasion?). Zoomed out world view, 2 of sarantium close in and 1 of horde and also that old screenie we got from sarantium way back that reveals more of their land. We could use any combination of them in trades and censure appropriately. For example to sell our opponents maps while not revealing our own inland cities. Or just give them all we have for maximum value.

Comment

They lack the capability of invasion for now. (don't know how far off though) With only Caravels at their disposal.

But, WE need THEM to have maps so they can issue orders the units they hire.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X