• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 130, 350 AD

Of note.

Sarantium completed Construction.

We're only 7 turns out.

Machinery lightbulbed, crossbow getting trained.

The sarantium forces sat down in the jungle, making it unsafe to road to the echo through the jungle, and taking too many turns to do so out of their sight.

Did not pop the settler as a result, moved the workers onto the forest hill south of Foxtrot to chop assist a forge there.

Sarantium/Horde is up to something around uh...whatever that southern Sarantium town is. Don't know what it is yet. Perhaps just attempting to deny us the jungle hill while Sarantium gets some cats up and running.

Ponies outside of Tiberium see nothin so far.

Will get the pics up when I can.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

The East, Horde archers and a Sarantine axe on the hill.

The South.

Sarantine stack purposely delaying a rebuild of echo. Probably means Horde is going to make a move towards settling near echo.

Workers moved onto Forest hill. They can either chop, or draw Sarantine forces away from their post. In 3 turns we are theoretically capable of eliminating that Sarantium force, even in the jungle cover, thanks to crossbows. I can think of no better way to introduce them to Sarantium, myself.

The cities:

Food. Dominant as always.

Gold...

Curious upswing from Sarantium there...could be trouble.

Production.

POWER!!!

The Sarantium spike is from researching Construction. We now possess the #1 Soldiers score in the game, I expect that lead to expand next turn.

One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

So.

The great question:

Where to go with the settler?

North near the corn north of AB.

Good site, good growth, decent whip cycle, some chop ability. Can be set to cottages or production. Windmills on the hills might allow a bit of both.

East, 3-3-6 of Foxtrot.

Great site. 2 gems, 1 gold, and plenty of river tiles to farm or cottage. Eventually. Damn jungle. Also would have to deal with...whatever Sarantium city's culture there.

Wait a few turns and rebuild Echo.

Great site. Tremendous line of sight increase. Damn jungle. 2 happies with calendar.

Also....

It was a boring day at work today. Lots of thoughtless labor. So...I thought about the game.

Any of you who have been in demogames with me before know I'm the most paranoid person around. Sarantium and horde both now have Sailing.

It is theoretically potentially possible they would attempt to sail some units around the front. It's something I would bring up if I were on either of their teams. Especially Sarantium with that island.

After the first 2 crossbows, I will therefore be pushing for some Ponies out of FS. These will make up a quick response team. With our pickets and culture, we should be able to respond to such an attack anywhere with the ponies.
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

In 3 turns we are theoretically capable of eliminating that Sarantium force, even in the jungle cover, thanks to crossbows. I can think of no better way to introduce them to Sarantium, myself.
        I dunno.

They haven't used that stack for anything in quite a while. It doesn't seem to be any threat to us and it is just costing them upkeep. Why not keep it around as a drain on their economy while we bring the fight to their cities?
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Because it prevents us from rebuilding echo.

So if we decide we REALLY need echo, we have to deal with them.

If we decide to go elsewhere, sure let em flop around in a jungle for another 2000 years.
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
          X