UnO's Evil Dtrategy 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UnO's Evil Dtrategy 1

No that's not misspelled it's a GOW thing.

It occurs to me, the Horde doesn't want to give us a military tech.

It occurs to me the war is bad in the long run.

It occurs to me we owe Sarantium 2 non-military techs for phase 2.

What say ye we ask the Horde to research those for payment whilst we research something else and get a half leg up in the local tech race?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

So, we pay our debt to Sarantium by getting the Horde to research the techs that we owe them? Sounds interesting and very devious.

Two things, though -

First, we DON'T tell the Horde that's what they're doing for us. I would be disinclined to accept such a deal for peace if those were the terms offered, since it puts me in an inferior position. Since we really can't trust them in the short run anyway, the less they know about our dealings with Sarantium, the better for us and the better our prospects for peace.

Second, we DO tell Sarantium what we're up to with the Horde, and make sure they're ok with it. They've been good, and we owe it to them (and ourselves, for a better our relationship). That, and we're insured against liability for the lack of the techs in question should the Horde decide to backstab and keep the techs.
    Join a Democracy Game today!
    | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

I like the plan of getting the Horde to research the techs we need to give to Sarantium, but I do also agree with Octavian X about letting Sarantium know that is what we are doing.

Comment

I have no problem with Hordes researching the techs Sarantium wants for us. I do this all the time, and I won't even bother to tell Sarantium.

At the end of the day, we have a commitment to Sarantium to give them the techs. If for some reasons Hordes did not give us those techs, we are still obligated to give Sarantium.

However, it would be wise to validate our contract with Sarantium. If it says "Mercs to research the techs & exchange with Sarantium", then we are clearly not in compliance.
        C3C ISDG Final Round : Actively Lurking

Comment

Working...
        X