Turn 77 - 975 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 77 - 975 BC

At home, we have a barb to deal with, a settler to move out, and a build to decide (in AB).
    Attached Files

Our stack by the horde
    Attached Files

Comment

So... pending further info, we need to figure out how to move our stack.

Worker Rush will need orders. I'm thinking we should send him to the corn to irrigate. The alternative I see is having him get to work mining the gems, but I think we can survive without the extra happy for now, and I'd like to get Foxtrot switched over to the corn once it's irrigated so that it can start growing. AB is really the only city in bad happy straits, and that can be solved by building workers/settlers and/or sending it a garrison unit.
      Rush on the corn might need protection depending on what the barb warrior does.

AB needs a build. I think a Work Boat for its clams would be ideal. Especially as AB will generate 30 hammers this turn, exactly enough to finish the work boat and get the clams ready in time for AB's quick growth. After the work boat, I'm thinking another worker would be good; however, it'll need to build something else for 2 turns to grow. Starting on a granary would work.

Also, we're at -5 GPT with 60 gold and 8 turns to go on Metal Casting. Sustainable for the moment, but with maintenance set to rise with another city, we'll have to see if 100% research remains feasible.

Comment

Will this be the location of our next city?

Comment

That location will cause it's fat cross to overlap that of sarantium's city on 3 tiles.

I don't know if that is our intention.

Comment

In the north, Sarantium will settle a city 9 of the gold hill by the mountains, and Mercenary will settle a city 8-8-8-7 of this gold hill.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

As for the barb, it will probably attack that spear during the turn.

AB: How many turn to metal casting is it? We need a policeman up there, a chariot would be best for now, but we mostly need to prepare for MC to poprush a forge, even a 3 pop if needed. So, after a policeman, something builderish seems best. Granary would really kick poprush potential into high gear up there...There are good arguments to be made for a galley, however.

With the overrun, looks like the second chariot in FS will finish 4 turns from now?
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I thought we were planning to build a fishing boat in AB next.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

That is what it's set for (though we can change it this turn) but it'll complete in 1 turn thanks to overflow. We'd then have a few turns to kill before switching to a pop unit if we wanted it to be able to grow to size 4 first (and that would allow it to use the clams and oasis both, on top of the standard pigs and copper)

Comment

gotcha, Chariot is my vote then.
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Save is here.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Horde situation.

If we attack the barb to promote the axe, we potentially lose the hill to any hiding Horde archers.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

SirUlias: Hey, you there?
                          Kloreep: Hey
                          SirUlias: We got the save.
                          SirUlias: There's a barb down by our Horde stack, we could promote the one axe, but if the Horde has any archers hiding, we give them that hill.
                          Kloreep: Hang on, let me get the save up
                          SirUlias: Posting a screen
                          SirUlias: In the N, the barb didn't attack the spear either, I'ld favor moving him 1 and trying to get that barb with the 4 xp axe.
                          Kloreep: Spear has no XP I assume? Sounds good
                          SirUlias: Spear is 4 xp too, and has a 90% chance. Could get combat 2.
                          SirUlias: I thought it didn't.
                          Kloreep: Could get combat 2, could get melee
                          Kloreep: Either would be good
                          SirUlias: Shouldnt need melee so much, that's what all our axes are for. Combat 2 is a pre-req for formation though.
                          Kloreep: Yeah, I'd say attack with spear if it has 90%
                          SirUlias: Eeek. Won, but with only .4 health left.
                          Kloreep: Re: south, the Horde can see the situation
                          Kloreep: So I wouldn't be surprised if they moved an archer or two out
                          Kloreep: They do sacrifice fortification, but they can certainly afford to move 1 or even 2
                          Kloreep: So I wouldn't be surprised to see that hill taken
                          SirUlias: Well, any coming from the other direction as well to prevent us cutting roads.
                          Kloreep: We could try splitting up the stack, I suppose
                          Kloreep: Ah, right
                          Kloreep: There's that as well
                          Kloreep: Hmm
                          SirUlias: We can just move onto the hill and count on barb stupidity.
                          Kloreep: too bad we don't have sarantium on the line
                          SirUlias: the 1 xp unit would be the designated defender barring a horde attack.
                          Kloreep: They'd be able to see
                          Kloreep: Hmm...
                          Kloreep: I would really like to get the XP, but if we want to cut that road, we may have to just try to count on the barb attacking
                          SirUlias: ET's on but I dont have my msn working again since my HD crash.
                          SirUlias: I doubt the barb is moving AWAY, we can move the stack on the hill and then split next turn if possible.
                          Kloreep: True
                          Kloreep: I'd say go with that
                          Kloreep: Move to the hill
                          SirUlias: Looks like they emptied it out.
                          Kloreep: ?
                          Kloreep: You move to the hill?
                          SirUlias: 4 archers on the road.
                          Kloreep: Yikes
                          SirUlias: Yes
                          Kloreep: Good thing we took it
                          Kloreep: Haha, good archer name
                          SirUlias: I gotta rename some...
                          SirUlias: Pincushion, Target practice, and Fearnoarrow.
                          SirUlias: Rush to the corn and the other one to road, right?
                          Kloreep: Right
                          SirUlias: Alright, I'll get a report up soon.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Attacked barb warrior with spear in the N. Won, at .2 health.

Rush to the corn
                            Bolt road
                            Settler to the stone
                            Axe fort

The Horde area:

Moved all three onto hill and renamed. 4 horde archers are on the road 9-9 of our stack, 3 city defenders, 1 unpromoted.
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                            X