X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Blood Oath Horde Diplomacy

Greetings Blood Oath Horde,

Team Mercenary is pleased to inform you we have made official contact in game! We look forward to a relationship that will hopefully prove to be *profitable* to the both of our glorious nations.

Who will be our primary contact with your nation for the purposes of contract negotiation?

I would like to remind you any contract discussion between us will be kept in complete secrecy until such time a contract is completed. And even then, we would be open to leaving your name out of our official posts...for a fee.

Speaking of which:

At present, we can only off our troop services in echange for troops of your own. We understand this may not be the most desirable means to our customers, and we are hard at work attempting to find other means of payment. Wise men speak of possibly sharing knowledge or even exchange of gold as a means of payment, but at present, these are merely fantasy.

If you have any questions, concerns, or just feel like chatting, you can always contact me via PM or Email at SirUlias@AOL.com

-UnOrthOdOx
    Team Merc Representative
    Sent to Paddy.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

No replies? Giving us the cold shoulder are they?

Comment

Eh, not much to discuss right now.

Comment

True true... but no greeting.

Comment

Paddy's had some RL issues lately, so I resent and copied Rubychaser, Bob Worhom, and Chrisius Maximus:

Originally sent to Paddy, but I understand he has had some issues in RL. We have not received an answer as of yet, and are curious especially on who is our official contact on your team

Greetings Blood Oath Horde,

Team Mercenary is pleased to inform you we have made official contact in game! We look forward to a relationship that will hopefully prove to be *profitable* to the both of our glorious nations.

Who will be our primary contact with your nation for the purposes of contract negotiation?

I would like to remind you any contract discussion between us will be kept in complete secrecy until such time a contract is completed. And even then, we would be open to leaving your name out of our official posts...for a fee.

Speaking of which:

At present, we can only off our troop services in echange for troops of your own. We understand this may not be the most desirable means to our customers, and we are hard at work attempting to find other means of payment. Wise men speak of possibly sharing knowledge or even exchange of gold as a means of payment, but at present, these are merely fantasy.

If you have any questions, concerns, or just feel like chatting, you can always contact me via PM or Email at SirUlias@AOL.com

-UnOrthOdOx
          Team Merc Representative
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Greetings UnOrthOdOx!

I am Plato, Chief Ambassador of the Horde. The Great Council is most pleased to make contact with your great Nation. We also look forward to a long and prosperous relationship. Fortunately for the Horde, we have no enemies in these lands as of yet and have good relations with all we have met. We are very happy to be concentrating on growing our most wonderful lands! We are intrigued by your proposal to explore a unit exchange. It is possible that we could contact you to provide security in our lands while we continue to concentrate on growth. Do you have a current inventory list of units that might be available for such duty and a proposed cost structure?

Best Regards,

PLATO
            Chief Ambassador to the Horde
            Hey UnOrthOdOx!

Did my e-mail get through to you? We may be interested in doing a little business!
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Hey Uno,

Sorry I have been unavailable. I am still interested in doing business. We would like to discuss a unit trade. Your post in the public forum suggested that this might be possible. Would you consider a Scout for Worker trade? If you would consider, then what is the earliest time frame that the Worker would be available.

Thanks!

PLATO
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Scout = 15 hammers.
                Worker = 60 hammers and prevents growth.

Doesn't sound like a very fair trade.

EDIT: Have they been talking to Sarantium, or why would they think we would be interested in a scout?

Comment

Yeah, not only no, but hell no.

I'll try to make it sound pretty later.
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                    Yeah, not only no, but hell no.

I'll try to make it sound pretty later.
                    Eh, who cares about pretty, they have to know that's outrageous.

Perhaps we could respond "misunderstanding" them as suggesting their worker for a scout of ours? Eh, they specifically ask when a worker would be ready though... would be amusing to see their response.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                      Eh, who cares about pretty, they have to know that's outrageous.
                      Yeah, talk about testing your luck...

Originally posted by Kloreep
                      Perhaps we could respond "misunderstanding" them as suggesting their worker for a scout of ours? Eh, they specifically ask when a worker would be ready though... would be amusing to see their response.
                      Having just woke up when I read the post I initially thought that was what they wanted. Would be amusing indeed.

Comment

I am chatting with Plato now.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                          Yes, we have.
                          SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                          Unit for unit trades will need to be of equivalent cost. A scout being 15 hammers, a worker being 60 and costing growth is not happening.
                          PLATO says:
                          I can certainly understand your position. We feel that the early game utility of a scout makes it an equal unit to a worker at the present time. However, you are entirely correct that the "whole game" utility certainly justifies a more significant hammer cost. We would be willing to discuss a rental period for the worker without the consideration of the return of the scout.
                          PLATO says:
                          Do you have any thoughts along this line?
                          SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                          I'll happily bring it to our teams attention. However, I believe there are certain limitations that game mechanics create with reguards to workers that would require us to gift that unit rather than our standard policy of retaining actual control over our rented units.
                          SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                          Gifting of units require said unit to be in your borders, and at the present time, we are unaware of yours. We are in the process of scouting the most likely areas.
                          PLATO says:
                          I think you are correct on that. A "re-gift" at the end of the rental period would seem to be a necessary item. Once we agree upon a trade, we will be happy to direct the worker in the proper direction. It is not a long journey.
                          PLATO says:
                          I might add, that when you take this back to the team, that we have several transactions in mind once the ability to exchange coin for units becomes possible. We have high hopes of developing a mutually profitable relationship with each other as well as hoped for friendship among our peoples. Coming to agreement here would be a good start down both paths.
                          SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                          We have not forgotten that your team was among those who steadfastly stood in support of the Mercenary concept, and are quite pleased to start near enough to engage in dealings sooner rather than later. We look forward to a long and profitable relationship with team Horde.
                          SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                          As for the renting of a worker, it will be a difficult sell given the nature of the early game, but I will do my best to come up with a fair cost for both teams. And keep in mind we are always open to alternative payments. Tech, units, etc.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Dumb question I need ask snoopy.

"war" for the purpose of gifting a worker?
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

PLATO says:
                              I will put our Interior people on the project as well to determine what we could possibly trade as well. Is their a particular tech that you wish to obtain that I may suggest as a research path?
                              SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                              well, we would require certain techs to make such possible first.
                              PLATO says:
                              Of course. May I also point out that the value of the scout is a diminishing one. The existence of our scout is the reason that we have contact, while you continue to look for us. The other early advantages of the scout are equally apparent I hope you will agree. It is our hope that this deal can be formented sooner rather than later so that team mercenary can get full advantage of the sco
                              PLATO says:
                              I shall trust in you and your teams judgement to make a solid proposal as soon as possible. I will indeed be pressing our people at the same time to determine an equitable formula for exchange as well
                              SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                              The age of scouts draws to an end soon, it is true, with the appearance of barbs.
                              PLATO says:
                              Indeed. So time is of the essence
                              SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                              I'll get the more builderish minded folks to assign a value per 10 turns on the worker soon.
                              SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                              Do you have in mind a number of turns it may be required?
                              PLATO says:
                              The Horde offers its thanks to team Mercenary. We look forward to meeting again soon on this project.
                              PLATO says:
                              No, not really. I will need to get with our builderish folks as well
                              SirUlias@AOL.com says:
                              I hope to get back to you tomorrow then. But, you should keep in mind our rental policy is meant to be cost effective only over the short term. It may be cheaper to buy it outright if you plan on keeping it, say, 30 turns or so.
                              PLATO says:
                              I know that their are certain plans involoved, but the amount of time they will require is handled by a different department. I must admit, that I was unprepared to discuss those figures tonight and apologize for not having that information available.
                              PLATO says:
                              I look forward to our meeting tommorow then.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X