• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820 Ad

turn's in for a while

I opened it, but didn't really play:

-> forest chops give us +37 in Mhasa, +37 in Dongjing, +67 in Hong Kong
    -> GS has an elephant + longbow + skirmisher on our previous landing site (the elephant gets +120% bonus in total, so that's strength 17.6 vs our knights)

The only thing I did was moving that galley + knights forward as planned, there is no defense from GS on or near the iron tile. I didn't unload the knights yet, though.

We have 165 gold, research %'s : 0% => +119 gold, 50% => -1 gold, 100% => -127 gold

Whipping possible in hong kong : 1 pop for a forge (80/120)

next turn we can whip in being : 2 pop for a bank (will be 128/200)

I will not be able to play this evening though.

No midturn attached because I didn't do anything really, just looked around
    no sig

Here's the midturn.

- moved workers to start building a plantation near Xin Guangzhou (running out of workable tiles there)
    - moved longbow to Safanople
    - moved rear military ahead
    - moved the galley as PJay did and promoted and unloaded the knights - revealed a worker doing a road in the forest to S-SW from ivory
    - moved the scouting caravels around - I think we have fully circumnavigated their continent and should now focus on either A) finding islands in the ocean B) making quick drop in/outs (leave their territory the same turn as entering) to scout still obscure lands of theirs; we could also use our caravels to put scouts in the rear of GS.
    - HonKong whipped - makes a big surplus together with the chop, enough to finish monastery next turn
    - research left at 0% - if we switch to 100% next turn we will have a big overflow from Drama + the Drama bonus on Music and should be able to do Music in 2 turns (next + the turn after); after that we should make a contest with GS who's first at Liberalism since they are at 77 gdp now and can run 100% for 5 turns more.
    Attached Files
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Ok, after some discussion in turnchat here's the endturn.

- moved one of the maces in south on the hill to see part of GS territory here - it detected a barb axe to S-SE.
      - moved another mace into the stack
      - set Mhasa to make explorer next - we need someone to watch GS

I also calculated that building a temple in Hong Kong is a mistake due to several reasons:
      - it needs health more, though we will get 1-2 extra in short time
      - we can get more happiness and health by building extra settler (to hook up ivory or incense)
      - we will get extra happiness anyway after Hunoi expands
      - bank and market are both more cost effective

So we should decide what to switch it's production to.
      I think it'd be best to bank until happy cap, then settler, whip and then back to bank.

Bank in Beijing is gonna give us at least 36 gold per each turn of stockpile starting from 2 turns from now, which is 18g average gain, which is pretty big at 1g per turn per 10h spent.

I think we should look to build 1-2 more settlers to start using those cool resources yet available (ivory, bananas, incense) accompanied by 2 extra courthouses to be able to build that FP at last.
      Also banks should be planned (if not started) for Hong Kong and Xin Guangzhou as our 2nd and 3rd place commerce cities.
      Attached Files
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Bank

I've finally got a replacement for my dead HDD, together with a whole computer, so I'll have Civ again in a short while.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Working...
          X