The Not-Spam Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Not-Spam Question

It that is so, how do you explain the ACDG's?
    Give him the link to the various forums./
    Make an argument!
    Why don't we ask Ming what his opinion is?
    Rather than having you trying to divine Ming's will for us
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

You’re taking my words out of context!

I did not mean spam, I meant RPing. Namely the likes of PRAVDA and other community building exercises that we had in the ACDG.
    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

The problem is that we have, in the past, had fairly active demogames with no consequence. This activity added to our enjoyment and the "culture" of the demogame. I can truely say that the ACDG2 will be an experience I will not forget, whereas other demogames seem un-roleplayed to the point of inanity, especially this one.

Comment

Exibit A

Comment

Nothing is wrong with posts that are, in any meaningful sense, game related. Roleplaying is encouraged, absolutely. The previous closed threads were not roleplaying, but just meaningless spam. Thus, they were closed.

Any further discussion should come to me via PM.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, yes, this is all well and good, but the ACDG forums suggest that far greater leniency in the interpretation of acceptable posts is permissible; spam, to some degree or other, does serve a useful purpose in that it makes people more active which results in greater participation in the democracy game itself, and ultimately in greater enjoyment for all participants. The faction newspapers being a perfect example of this, if you’d be bothered to examine the forums in question.

Not that I really care about the issue, I’m just bored and feel like being an advocate.

Comment

I do think that the discussion of this issue should be public, but alright, I've PMed you with my response.

Comment

I've read the forums in question, and would in no way mind newspapers like that, either at the moment posted without containing game-specific data that couldn't be known by a civ not yet contacted [techs known, cities founded, other civs contacted, unit listing] or once the forum is open to game-related posting, the full spiel. That's what DGs are about, and that's cool with me and the Poly mods as far as I know.

Again, anything else please take up in PM (Thanks, Tass, for doing so...)

Comment

I do suggest btw that if you're interested in actual RP posts about the game, you go to http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=158064 and be involved in the discussion of when we open this forum to all posts game-specific.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Again, anything else please take up in PM (Thanks, Tass, for doing so...)
                    Why are you so against a public discussion of this matter? What do we all have to hide on this matter? Frankly, I am interested in more opinions than just yours.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                    X