When should we open up the forum to discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should we open up the forum to discussions

Earlier it seemed to be the opinion of the varoius players that we should, at some point, open up the forum to discussion of how the game is going, regardless of teams having contact between each other.

At what point should we do this? This is a discussion thread, and it is non-binding barring a consensus.

Reasonable optoins are anything from "now", "when X tech is discovered", "when all teams have contact", "when some team(s) from each continent have contact with other continent(s)", etc. Or make up your own

Once a reasonably small number of options appear, we'll have a team poll.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Let me add: Please do not discuss what techs are currently known. However, it's okay to make reasonable guesses as to when a particular tech might be discovered, as that's sort of necessary for this discussion.

Comment

When there's a contact-string that atleast connects everyone -but-one (ie: Horde knows Sarantium, Sarantium knows Centaurians, ...., Mercs don't know anybody).

This way "word of mouth" can travel realisticly, and one isolated team doesn't spoil it for everybody.
      no sig

Comment

We should never have closed the forums to discussions !!!
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
          We should never have closed the forums to discussions !!!
          I think this would qualify as a "now" vote, my friend.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I think a good time would be when some team gets a contact with another team on different continent. Admins can look for it in the private forums and announce this when it happens. ...without telling the names of the teams of course.

This way we would have a theoretical way for "rumours" to travel and thus it would be a natural point when to allow open discussion. This way we don't have to wait for every civ to contact each other.
            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

PJ, one of the design goals for the original map was not to have that situation happen - ie, there is no single team without contact to another civ at this point. Though one of the funnier maps Aeson and I threw out had a megacontinent with 6 of the seven teams on it, and Banana on a huge Antarctica.

Comment

Roleplay Spam call it what you will should have been natural, and flowing, to allow a sense of fun. You chose to stifle it in a pedantic and politically correct grip.

Your job should have been to monitor and police to make sure nothing untoward or too revealing in the early stages was broadcast, but you chose to choke the fun from this game instead.

As for ming coming in here closing topics well if there were rules violations then thats his remit, but you use that premise to inflict your own personal version of said rules.

I say nothing now I have not said before, so it should be of no surprise to you, this particular issue clouds my view of this game.
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

CM, that is your opinion but I would note was not and as far as I can tell is not the opinion of the majority of the players in the game. They prefer to have a game where it actually matters which teams are in which positions on the map.

I've never had a problem with teams posting non-game information specific posts here; pure spam (non-game related) is not permitted by the rules of the site.

Given the result of the last question, which seemed to be that players preferred a particular point in which to open this forum to posts by all, I post the above question. I suggest that if you prefer to open the forum now, then you convince your fellow teams of this, rather than making personal attacks.

Comment

CM, that is your opinion but I would note was not and as far as I can tell is not the opinion of the majority of the players in the game.
                    It's the opinion of team AC aswell (at least most of us).

See the recreation common threads in ACDG - they were usually a lot of fun and we really liked it.
                    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

I hate it when people close unfinished discussions. Forces people to constantly open new threads.

A DG is a chance to roleplay, and all the assorted posting privileges that come with that, but this thread isn't doing that at all, and the last one went from RP to spam in short time.
                      Roleplay is spam. Spam is roleplay.

Of course our definition of and view on spam may vary, as I only post quality spam.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Snoopy here we go again it seems, you start by saying it is my opinion, you are correct in that.

You finish by accusing me of making personal attacks, whick striikes me as a personal attack !

Make up your mind, am I entitled to an opinion or not ?

I fail to see how my post can be seen as a personal attack, merely it is a statement of opinion on the state of things as i see them, nothing more.

I ask you did I specifically name you ?

Herein lies the root of this problem, there are those who fail to leave things behind and every time something they are connected too gets called into question they hide behind the your making personal attacks etc etc.

That happens a lot with racism, sexism and ageism, in fact all kinds of ism's too, you get someone using their brand of ism card every time they cant get there own way, or someone dares to question thier view.

You note im of a minority, fair dinkum, but even the minority has the right to its opinion so play fair !

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                          I suggest that if you prefer to open the forum now, then you convince your fellow teams of this, rather than making personal attacks.
                          Oh crap.

Here we go.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

close this forum please, it seems trolls and flamers are all we have
                            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by -SafaN-
                              close this forum please, it seems trolls and flamers are all we have
                              Who.. me??
                              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Working...
                              X