C4DG MP: Starting 3/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4DG MP: Starting 3/6

I will start the game on 3/6 (or as close to that as I can manage), assuming the patch is out by then (I think it should, hopefully)

I can't start it before then, as i'm about to go catch a plane to Colorado for the week

/me sends a mist of snow in all of your general directions
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

What, your starting the game on the third of June?? :eeek:
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Forgot the
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

LOL

I work closely with people from Ireland and we have the same issue, frequently. I've taken to writing out, "6 March," instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear

LOL

I work closely with people from Ireland and we have the same issue, frequently. I've taken to writing out, "6 March," instead.
          Ireland? I didn't know there were english speaking countries that used the day/month format ... guess not all anglos are screwd up
          "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
          Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
          Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
          Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

When we start, my 80 KILOGRAMS of bodywight will be hopping up and down about ½ METRES 'cause of mere enthusiasm.

We should send a letter to Firaxis and demand that they release the patch before our start.
            Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Make it a very, very nice request and we might see it then. And if it's nice enough and they aren't quite finished with the patch, they might be nice enough back to give us a heads up as to how much longer we might have to wait for it.

Just my $0.02....

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Now 7 March here in Australia...any word yet?

[We also write dates as dd/mm/yyyy, for what it's worth. It's just North Americans that are screwed up...]

Comment

Actually all the official forms at work (contract to USAF)require ddmmyyyy format. Don't know why it became popular the other way unofficially.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, another test patch has to be looked over so...
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Unfortunately, the patch isn't finalized yet, though I think it will be out pretty soon, perhaps later this week with any luck... :crosses fingers:
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

d-m-y has always made more sense to me. That's why I always use it - but as, for instance, 5 March 2005, not as 5/6/05, because of the chance of misunderstanding. Dunno that I would say that anybody is screwed up for doing it differently, however.

Comment

d-m-y has always made more sense to me. That's why I always use it - but as, for instance, 5 March 2005, not as 5/6/05, because of the chance of misunderstanding. Dunno that I would say that anybody is screwed up for doing it differently, however.
                          Just being mean to the gringos
                          I'd say it just comes naturally from language...you'd probably find it more natural to say march sixth and not the sixth of march, right?...well, when it comes to language, I just love English, such an efficient and (I don't know the word) not-clumsy language (unlike my native spanish). I know I'm gonna have lots of spanish speakers flame me for that, but its just my personal opinion...english should become humanity's standard

On the subject, I think we have to be patient. We've waited 4 months, what's another week?
                          "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                          Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                          Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                          Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Dunno that I would say that anybody is screwed up for doing it differently, however.
                            It's not just the m/d/yy thing that makes them screwed up - it's also that they drive on the wrong side of the road and have their water drain in the wrong direction.

Taken as a package, I think it's pretty clear...

Comment

and they use these weird measures for lenght.. feet
                              Feet are those things you walk with. When a nurse measures your height, do you lay on the ground and the nurse walks on you to see how many feet you are?! You can't use logical decimals like metre = 100 centimetres.

pounds.. gallons.. inches...
                              That is just weird. weird weird weird...
                              Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

Working...
                              X