No announcement yet.

MP: C4DG Nearly Starting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say make everyone's start the same by puting the Settler seperate from the other unit(s).

Comment

Is the starting date decided? I (we) just can't wait no more.
      Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Comment

As I said in the OP, we're awaiting Firaxis at this point Hopes were/are for early next week, though I don't know if that's accurate anymore or not.

Any other opinions on the starting warrior placement? If only a handful have an opinion, i'll probably leave them in place just to minimize my effect on the game ...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Why not "clear" the big fat X completely?

Yes to splitting them.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Ideally we would move them, but I am having difficulty thinking of a fair way to split them...you could not allocate each team an extra move of their choice on the warriors, because that would shaft the mercs. I'm for splitting them if it can be done fairly though

(psst, how much to move the settler as well snoop )
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

as little admin involvement as possible please (leave them in place)

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The other option I suppose is to move the Merc scoutunit on top of their settler, but they already have the view of it's LOS, as I didn't think of this before posting screenies...

Comment

Could we opt to keep the warrior on top of the settler?

Comment

My two cents worth: All civs start with all of their units on the same space....seems fair to me.
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                      My two cents worth: All civs start with all of their units on the same space....seems fair to me.

what a devious thought, I like it

let the race begin
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

That's fine except that the Mercs already recieved their start location screen shot and they do not have both units in the same space.

The question: Is that ok with the rest of the teams?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Bear
                          Could we opt to keep the warrior on top of the settler?
                          I don't see why not.

Indeed, you're taking a risk if you opt to move the warrior off the settler ... as I made the save with the warrior moved without thinking about your various discussions of where to move the warrior. So it's possible I moved it in the opposite direction that you'd prefer it moved...

Comment

I'd rather have the warrior and settler split... I'd like to have the scouting info. And if one team already got that (which I consider to be an advantage, albeit a small one), I'd like us to get it too.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Okay, i've only seen two teams post definitive answers here ... so unless more people post between here and patch day, whenever that is, I'm going to have to make a call, and that's to split them. However, i'm not going to send out screenies unless more teams vote TO split.

Comment

EDIT:nvm
                                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X