News article.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News article.

Hi all, I was going to write up a news article listing who got what civs, map settings, etc.

That got me thinking, I may as well link to each teams thread.

That got me thinking maybe each team would like to make a brief statement on what prospective members might expect from your team, entrance requirements, etc.

So? If your team would like to state something, please either post it here or PM me.

I will write the news article Sunday Night/early Monday morning my time.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Good idea!

/me runs to the Propaganda Center..
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
      * binTravkin runs to the Propaganda Center..

/me hides
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Yes a good idea UnOrthOdOx. I will talk to Lord Plato about something.
        The Sherrin Foundation
        Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

Just a gentle reminder I'll be doing this in, at most, 48 hours.

That said, if your team is wanting to add something and needs more time, simply drop me a PM or post here please.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Hello?

Anyone?

One team has asked for more time. No word from any other team...
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Please delay it till tomorrow UnOrthOdOx, we are preparing quite an article, but I am not able to finish some things I had to submit to it because I must leave now and my home PC is down..
              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Not a problem. Tomorrow's a good day.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

We are struggling through some other issues right now and I don't know if we can meet your deadline. I'll see if I can put something together for you soon, however.

Golden Bear

Comment

Alright, no rush. How bout end of week?
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Actually if so few teams (two only) want to add something there is no point in delaying you. I am sure I can figure a way to publish an article myself.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I offer the following for GS:

"The Gathering Storm is a loosely organized group of Civ players whose common interest is learning as much as possible about the game and sharing hard won lessons with others. We play to win, and have fun doing it.

GS was originally formed for the CivIII Play-the-World demogame. We played hard, we knew the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat, and the thrill of staging a late-game comeback against the odds. Ultimately we got nuked into oblivion by the teams who jointly won that game. We learned a lot, both about the game (CivIII) and about demogames in general. And now we're back, with a mix of the old guard and fresh faces."

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus
                          Actually if so few teams (two only) want to add something there is no point in delaying you. I am sure I can figure a way to publish an article myself.
                          We're at 4 teams now, with GS posting (thanks!), myself doing Merc, and 2 teams needing a little more time. I'll get with the remaining 3 teams and either get something from them or type something up myself and seek approval from them.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I sent you something, UnOrthOdOx.

GB

Comment

Alright, only one team bothered to send anything in. We'll just skip that part and just link to team's threads.

edit, make that two teams. Still not enough to do it fairly.

I'll get this written up by tonight. snoopy tells me he'll go post it somewhere nice and bright and shiny.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X