No announcement yet.

MP: Choosing civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, civ selection performed. Five civs got their first selections ... six could have, if the dice had fallen that way, but they didn't, and the first bump bumped the second.

I'm leaving this thread open, because I'm unsure whether you all would prefer the civ choices to be known or not ...

I'd suggest that if all of you are okay with the civ choices and results being known, then i'll reveal the entire spreadsheet, else it's up to you to post or not post your own civ choices.
    Attached Files
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

BTW, the random factor was RAND()*100, fixed (via F9¹­­­) individually, and shown as a NUMBER with 0 Decimal places (AC got actually a 99.9648, which is the highest value i've ever seen for a RAND() ... impressive )

¹: RAND() normally recalculates with each change of a cell, thus causing the ranks to flucuate every time I did anything. Pressing F9 instead of Enter causes the function, in this case "RAND()", to be replaced by the calculation performed - in this case with the random number, thus giving a random number that does not vary.

(Excel Trivia )

Comment

I'm not certain about what you are asking, but we are happy to have a public announcement. Thanks for the work.

Sarantium Cool Folks

Comment

Well, if every team agrees, i'll post the full spreadsheet, including peoples' choices. If anyone objects, I won't. However, every team has the right to post their own choices if they wish

Comment

BTW, unless there are any objections, I'd have no problem with people switching leaders between their civ (ie, switching Elizabeth to Victoria, etc.), but no switching civs, at this point.

Comment

Oooooh. Gotcha. I'm guessing that is not going to fly. We are going into serious - say it in a deep voice and roll your eyes - gaming mode now where any tiny hint of information could be crucial to our success and failure.

BTW, is S&F measured by having a good time or by winning? I vote for GT. Ooops. I'll still vote for Grandpa Troll! Although they seem to have a gag order on them. Verrrry serious.

Armando Stilletto

Comment

I think you may be a bit knurd ...

Comment

It would be nice to know what the other team's civs are. I'm not interested in if some team got whatever choice and by what random value (or whatever method), I'm only interested as to who and what they are. As of this point, that should be public knowledge.

As for the leader change (i.e. Victoria for Elizabeth), that, IMHO, was part of the choices for each team, as part of this process. If they didn't specify, from the start, what leader (and thereby, traits and starting techs) they wanted, then they should abide with the one that was given them. So, they should keep what they got. That's my opinion, atleast.

E_T
                  Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                  Worship the Comic here!
                  Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Thank you Snoopy and Aeson for your work.

The Horde is happy for the spreadsheet to be public.
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                      BTW, the random factor was RAND()*100, fixed (via F9¹­­­) individually, and shown as a NUMBER with 0 Decimal places (AC got actually a 99.9648, which is the highest value i've ever seen for a RAND() ... impressive )
                      With the random number generator on our side we can't lose!

Comment

AC got actually a 99.9648, which is the highest value i've ever seen for a RAND() ... impressive
                        GeoModder, have you been using The Random Number Disruptor again?!

With the random number generator on our side we can't lose!
                        Indeed, you should hide your tanks from our spearmen(with random number enhancement special ability)..
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

13 yeouch.

Hopefully the map generator is kinder than that number generator...
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
                            GeoModder, have you been using The Random Number Disruptor again?!
                            But??! You said yourself during briefing in Covert Ops...

He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In case anyone was interested, our list:

Catherine
                              Kublai Khan
                              Frederick
                              Huyan Capac
                              Elizabeth
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                                In case anyone was interested, our list:

Catherine
                                Kublai Khan
                                Frederick
                                Huyan Capac
                                Elizabeth
                                Nice choices
                                Gurka 17, People of the Valley