X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP: Map Choice - NEW QUESTION!!!!

NEW QUESTION HERE !!!!!!!

Okay. Team captains only, please post in this thread:

Map preference, assigning '5' to most preferred down to '1' to least preferred. Each map must be given a preference, or I'll give it a random one.
    • Terra
    • Pangea
    • (Custom) Continents (either custom or normal) (pls post how many you'd prefer)
    • Archipelago
    • Lakes

Choice will be made by highest total, unless one choice has 4 or more selections as '5' (as the majority of teams prefer it). Any choice with 4 or more selections as '2' or lower will be eliminated (as the majority of teams reject it) regardless of total score. If no map type recieves a score above 25, excepting the above possibility, there will be a runoff between the two most popular types. If "Continents" wins, there will be a second vote to determine how many continents, unless the posts during the vote make a clear selection.

Map Design, choosing one only:
    • Entirely handmade, in the style of the above [by a designer of your choosing, list designer suggestions]
    • Slightly customized, ie a random map adjusted for balance both by possibly adjusting starts and/or by possibly adjusting resources [probably by Aeson and/or I]
    • Previewed only, meaning maps will not be edited at all but will simply be created and previewed until the map previewer is satisfied that the map is acceptable [again, probably Aeson and/or I]

Feel free to have multiple 'map design' possibilities based on which map is chosen, but please delineate them carefully if you do.

Map Resource balance, choosing one only:
    • Scarce resources, teams likely won't have some of the early strategic resources
    • Scarce luxury/food resources only, normal strategics
    • Normal Civ4 resources
    • Plenty of strategic resources, normal food/lux
    • Plenty of all resources

"Plenty" is intended to mean "every team has one of each easily accessable" for strategics and "every team has several of them" for food/lux resources. If "Terra" is the selection of map type, and "handmade" or "customized" are chosen, there will be a further discussion on how the resources will be allocated between homeland and Americas.

Also, if your team has strong feelings on other map settings, please post them; 'default' is assumed otherwise (on settings like sea level, temperature, etc.)

Map size, rank in order of preference, with "4" being MOST preferred, and 1 being least; you must rank all 4.
    • Random
    • Large
    • Standard
    • Small

Highest total wins, unless one choice receives a strict majority of 4's. Any selection with 4 '1's is automatically disqualified. If you feel that Huge or Tiny is appropriate, post so, but IMO they're inappropriate for this game, so I left them off the list.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

I believe map size should be here as well?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Team BANANA decides - Random
      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Yes, map size should be in here as well, I'm a moron. I'll go ahead and add it.

Comment

"I'm a moron" is my sig and copyrighted. Go find something else.

Actually, I guess that mine is, "I'm a drooling idiot," so I'll let you keep the other one. Proceed as if I were not here.

Comment

I am posting as the designate of Sarantium.

5 Continents, not custom, quantity random
            4 Pangaea
            3 Lakes
            2 Archipelago
            1 Terra

Previewed only.

Normal CivIV resources.

4 Large
            3 Standard
            2 Random
            1 Small

Golden Bear

Comment

There is some feeling of making everything random...

but three members favor normal resources and continents/terra/pangaea

those who don't want everything random favor previewed (overall)

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Only complete, accurately filled out ballots will be accepted; no hanging chads please.

Comment

but you don't have the random option?

JKM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Alpha Centaurians:

Map Type: Terra
                    Map Size: Standard
                    Map Generation:Random and checked
                    Resources:Normal
                    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

The Horde

Map Type: Pangea
                      Map Size: Standard
                      Map Generation: Random and checked
                      Resources: Plenty
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Hmm, I guess I never considered the possibility of using a random map type. The problem with that of course is that anything other than a previewed or totally randomly generated map is not possible to do that way ... If others vote random, then we'll do it that way, though it doesn't look to be popular atm.

Paddy and binTravakin, please rank the other map types (first entry) - 1 to 5 in order of preference (5 most preferred). The point is to get a map that everyone is at least somewhat okay with, given that we have a vast disparity in types of maps that are favored (note out of 3 votes, we have 3 vastly different maptypes - continents, pangea, terra).

Also please consider ranking the map sizes, although that may not be necessary in the long run depending on how the votes go.

Comment

if not random then

3 Terra
                          4 Pangea
                          5 Continents
                          2 Archipelago
                          1 Lakes

Previewed

Random

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

on to it... back soon
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

After much bribing in the Mercenary Forum, Team Mercenary votes:

Map type:
                              Custom Continents, random number: 5
                              Pangea, low sea level: 4
                              Lakes: 3
                              Archipelago: 2
                              Terra: 1

Size:
                              Normal: 4
                              Large: 3
                              Small: 2
                              random: 1

Previewed or slight balancing are both fine with us.
                              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X