This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Steps for C4DG

The following things need to be determined in the next two weeks, in order to start before the end of the month.
    • How Civs will be determined (and which civs you will play)
    • The Map Details
    • The Time Limits
    • What Type of Game this is (PBEM, PiTBoSs)
    • What Rules we play with (metagame)
    • What Rules we play with (in-game) (victory conditions, options, etc.)

I'd like to spend the first week discussing them, in threads like binTravkin's which civ thread, and then I'll post official voting threads, where each team gets one vote.

I'll post the other discussion threads for these (or drag up threads to top if appropriate) in a bit, and top all of them, so you can discuss them easily I'll try to put a bit of info on the various possiblities, as well.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Hi snoopy,

Are the polls going to be opened on Jan 16? How long will they be open? When are you anticipating starting the game?

Thanks
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yes.

When you all decide on the rules and the map settings and whatnot.

I haven't polled two things - the metagame rules, and the type of game (pbem/pitboss), because those can be put off until later (as we'll still have to wait for the map creation and whatnot). I'm assuming PBEM is the choice based on the discussions, unless PITBOSS can be fixed up soon... PITBOSS would be the far, far better choice, if only it weren't buggy

The rest, well it depends on how soon a majority is reached
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Short question: I want to try playing a DG once again(first time since the first Civ3 DG). I wanted to play the SPDG, but now it seems like it's only the team one that actually gets started. So, I wonder: What's the difference between the two types, do you recommend me to join the team DG or wait for the (possible) SPDG, and if I join the team DG, what should decide what team I join? Thanks in advance.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Team ones operate pretty much the same as the SPDG, except that your team is smaller, and you're against other humans, not the AI.

Each team will have it's own form of government, and way of doing things.

Deciding which team will ultimately be up to you.

Each team has some interesting fellows on it, and they are all out to do their best at the game. A few may be a little more aggressive than others in philosophy, but there are 6 teams out specifically to win.

The one distinctly different team would be my own, Team Mercenary. We will be playing the role of Mercenaries, hiring out troops to whoever is willing to pay us. This, of course, may not be the quickest/best path to actual in game victory, but we all find the idea fun enough that in game victory is of a secondary nature to us anyway.

I suggest reading over the team threads if you are interested and choosing the one where the players appeal to your personality the most.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I think the plan is to start the SPDG once the MPDG stops blasting the forum with setup threads. It will be starting, but perhaps a little bit after the MPDG due to that.

The difference is pretty much the same as Single Player vs. Multi-player. SPDG you play with everyone else involved against AIs, MPDG each team is playing against other teams of humans. What you're looking for in a game, and a team if you go for the MPDG, I can't tell you. If you are interested in the MPDG, I'd recommend looking through some of the team threads to see what they're about. Merc, for instance, is playing on a different theme, trying to actually be mercenaries in the game. And while the other teams are out to win, you'll probably find differences in style and membership.\

Edit: Crosspost.

Comment

do we have a team turn play yet

in other words...who is on first
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
                do we have a team turn play yet

in other words...who is on first
                good question indeed
                Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Now that we are pretty much done with the preliminaries, is there an anticipated date for starting the game?

Comment

After the next patch perhaps? If one is coming that is.
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

hehe - good ol' fashion apathy strikes again
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

In my optimistic way (cough; cough) 1.52 is prob as far as it is going.
                        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
                        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Why do you think so? Firaxis wouldn't stop supporting the game so early and before the SDK is released to the community you know.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Dum de dum da dum.

Comment

What was that supposed to mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X