Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we need to vote on allowed victory conditions before the on whether MERC is allowe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we need to vote on allowed victory conditions before the on whether MERC is allowe

Because I could see it affecting peoples votes. MERC has said they wish to survive the game. If conquest is the only allowed victory type, then I think that Beta and others would have no issue with them involved in the game.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

funny title, this. I don't understand the question at all

DeepO

Comment

I was sleepy

it seemed a good idea at the time

I Am still sleepy

peace out

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

peace in

I know the point you are raising Jon, but I think we are OK on it. Standard victory conditions apply, and team merc wins and loses like the rest of us. What is different about them (other than their members.... ...), is their stated approach to in-game negotiations and style of play.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

No complaints from this end, but when it's down to 2 civs left they'll have to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
            No complaints from this end, but when it's down to 2 civs left they'll have to fight.
            Exactly. And it may come sooner than that depending on alliances.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

We will defend ourselves. So, yes, we will 'have to fight' if someone invades.

We just won't be attacking you for that source of iron, prime city cite, etc. Unless of course, you are at war with team X and they rent troops, and use them to attack that spot. Now, if you invaded our homeland, we would have no problem taking that source of iron, prime city cite, etc. in compensation should we rebuke the attack.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The only victory condition I'm dubious of is the UN (fancy that, a Stormian wary of multi-lateralism... ).

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

If anyone suggests a conquer/domination victory without a SS one, I'll jump on my soap box for once. The game is only balanced if both a SS and a military one is on. This is true for any SP game, but much more so in a demo PBEM game.

You can live without UN or culture, even if I like to have those in as well. You can't live without SS. Domination is way too easy otherwise, and very blend.

DeepO

Comment

I second Deep-O's motion.

Comment

Yep, all or nothing.

E_T
                      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                      Worship the Comic here!
                      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Definitely agreed with Deep-O, Beta, and E_T. If the only victory condition is conquest then this game comes down to only one way to play and that is no fun. It's entirely possible that the game will be won by conquest, but there needs to be the option of winning by other methods too or this game becomes entirely one-dimensional.

Comment

I'd prefer conquest be the only victory, so that we can pick a Civ suited for early conquest while everyone else is building for a goal they cannot obtain.

Comment

All or nada
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Working...
                            X