What teams are playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What teams are playing?

I Think we should go ahead and get this moving..

Vox
    GS
    Banana
    Horde
    Sarantium (still haven't seen an announcement by Beta or anyone else)
    GoMW?
    Mercenary team?
    anyone else?

I think that teams shuold put up their top 3 choices for nation... and then someone fit them or something (so that everyone gets something they are happy with)

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Current members of the AC Democracy Game are in the process of forming a team - name yet to be decided

Comment

Like I said, some of Lego might play, but not if we're starting the game right away.
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I think it's too early for this, don't know how many teams will be playing and the teams haven't really started to form yet.

Also there should be at least one completely new team started, preferably more, rather than having all pre-existing teams.
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

All the ones Jon listed, plus perhaps Lego and the AC Demogame team equals 9. That's a hell of a lot of teams. If that many seriously want to play we may have to consider setting up two games.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Smac'ers official team name is now:

Alpha Centaurians

and we would prefer to play as the Greeks

Comment

Just an off the top of my head suggestion - but make the Civ selection random. Take what you get and win with it!!!

I know... I'm a crazy person.

Comment

TEAM BANANA likes the what GB is provoking
                anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

The Horde is looking at playing either Mongols or Rome.
                  The Sherrin Foundation
                  Captain of the Concordian Armed Forces, Inspectorate of the MoD Term VI

Comment

I would suggest every team make 3 possible selections..

then Markos or someone makes a matrix, and picks the civs for the teams so as to make everyone happy

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I suggest we wait until at least everyone in the world has the opportunity to have the game.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

As for now,
                        Vox
                        GS
                        Banana
                        Horde
                        Alpha Centaurians
                        Are all serious teams, with at least 5 members.

GoMW?
                        Mercenary team?
                        GoMW team seems not having future as of now, while there are several people interested in Mercenary team (yet not committing to it).

Also the fact that
                        GS Team
                        (..)
                        Undecideds:
                        UnOrthOdOx
                        Master Zen
                        Who are both starters of Mercenaries and GoMW respectively..

And I have yet to hear about Sarantium team.

Thus we are currently at number of 5, which is not a bad number indeed for the simple fact it's an odd number (no 1vs1 like if 2 teams, no 2vs2 like if 4 teams, no 3vs3 like if 6 teams etc.).

I suggest, we either
                        1.go on with existing 5 teams (it would probably be a good idea to make the first demogame quicker than later ones, to get used how it works with cIV and other first-time stuff)
                        or
                        2.wait for 2 more teams, to make the odd number of seven (I don't know abuot Sarantium, but Mercenary team could make it if more people come online as per NYEs suggestion - after cIV gets available for more of the world)

In the poll 'how much teams?' there's strong tendency to go for 9+ teams, but somehow Im feeling it'd be too much.
                        It's better if there are less teams with more people in them - more roleplay, less chance of being deserted by the endgame etc..
                        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                          I suggest we wait until at least everyone in the world has the opportunity to have the game.
                          Damn right ... firkin gun-jumpers!

Comment

9 teams will be fine.. pitboss will keep the game running, and let us europeans/aussies/asians/arabs/africans/latinos/chinese/japanese/mongols & dutchies what ever get a chance to get a copy of this game first :-)
                            Btw just a thought, can you have simultaneos moves on a pitboss server? With the six second rule converted to hours this could be a valid option..:
                            Proud member of the PNY Brigade
                            Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

Btw just a thought, can you have simultaneos moves on a pitboss server? With the six second rule converted to hours this could be a valid option..:
                              It will also be a reason of endless debate over how it disvalidates the combat system.

It would become a question of who moves first in the first couple of seconds of turn, when things are about combat.
                              After that there will only be long worker moving, build order adjusting and rejoincing/ranting over just how your turnplayer did/didn't click fast enough to kill opposition.
                              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X