Gathering Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian
    p.s. No Inchon/Inchoff move this time, fellas!
    You think?

DeepO

Comment

Wasn't Inchon w/in 2 tiles of another city when we built it? Elipolis, IIRC. Ah, the old days, eh?

I will be embarking on some more warlike games soon, so I'll get a better feel for early to mid-game wars. Thus far I have been avoiding conflict until later (when I've typically grabbed a tech lead and can bring substantially superior units into play).

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Dude, notyoueither totally skipped adding my name

Comment

Another possible lurker here.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
            Remember, if Grog dies a glorious death for the Storm, we're in good shape!
            That's funny. I just found this Sarantine arrow with his name inscribed on it ....
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
              I wouldn't put up with insults like that. Join Sarantium.

(sorry - I will leave now..)
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

What does Sarantium mean?

btw: the first time I read that as sanatorium... Sounds a much better description if you ask me.

EDIT: nevermind, just saw the Sarantium thread.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

That's funny. I just found this Sarantine arrow with his name inscribed on it ....
                  I'll have to make sure we get him a cover promotion, then, eh? Can't make it too easy on your archers.

Poor Grog, always the sacrifice for his people.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    Many apologies.

Think of something funny, and turn that frown into a smile!
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I wish thee Stormians good luck.

There's a reason behind your team's original name after all.

Comment

Yes, and it appears Beta has put together a team well worth trashing.

To your ass, sir!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Ah trash talking with STYLE!

I have so missed that since PtW I ended
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            Yes, and it appears Beta has put together a team well worth trashing.
                            Beta nods ... slightly.

I think you meant to say " worth TRYING to trash."

Comment

Do, or do not. There is no try.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Well given that most of the ex-GoWers are AWOL, looks like I'll be lurking around here...

... though I might be tempted to get more active if the Destroy-The-Horde itch starts surfacing
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X