Gathering Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by binTravkin
    From the Team List I read NYE is your leader, so why don't you poke him a little so he gets movin and clicks 'approve' some 14 times, eh?

I don't think poking NYE would make the process go any faster, since basically it involves (as we've been told) all current members. They just have to make sure that none of the existing members have a legitimate problem with the applicant.
    Now that I think of it, we'll just have to do some massive poking (14 at least)
    "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
    Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
    Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
    Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

• The polls have been posted by nye already 4 days ago and the result can be expected soon.

Comment

• Glad to see you, Sir Ralph.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Darn, how good is when you know all people who are in the team(or rather - have applied)!
          -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
          -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by NicodaMax
            While I agree with you (Dr Strangeglove is in my top 5) I think Paths of Glory is Kubrick's best.

"The paths of glory lead but to the grave".
            - Thomas Gray's 'Elegy written in a country churchyard'
            I do love Paths of Glory. I don't know if I could pick a favorite though. All his films are unforgettable.

It's nice to be able to discuss cinema while the pre-screening process and background checks proceed.

Maybe I should sanitize my avatar. A cigar smoking madman is hardly a role model. On the other hand, a madman trying to quit smoking is something to aspire to.
            "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

• Please be patient, everyone. These polls started the moment our forum was created, but after nearly a year it's difficult to find all our old members and get them approved first, so they can poll. This is a bit too important to rush...

DeepO

Comment

• Removed as requested.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Ouch!

Not really called for, I think. We improved on that...

/me running in circles here

DeepO

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                    And to all you waiting to be allowed access, keep in mind how this feels for when you are in the team and Team X is waiting for you guys to poll on whether or not you should approve that tech trade.
                    And I thought we were gonna let this **** lie. UnO, that's well in the past, back to the early part of the PTWDG. You *know* we changed later in that game. So why the potshot? Bored? Go write a story. You can probably even fit some more potshots into it.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• *Ahem* ... Please keep the personal trash talking out of this game. You want to say the Mercs will beat GS, go right ahead, but the direct personal or team-personal insults need to go. Now.
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I apologize.

It was honestly not my intent to 'take a potshot'. I do understand how it could come across as that, however, to those who are sensitive to the subject.
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I really don't think that UnO's comment was all that trashey. Then again I don't know the Hx of that game.

I do have to say that Snoopy369 is right. If we start bickering before even one turn is played it will be EoD all over again. I threw a lot of trash talk around in Eod and it turned from competitive jovial banter to ugly personal attacks very quickly. The game became poisoned and not fun. I want nothing to do with that in this game.

BTW Team Banana is about fun. Drive by fruitings, and fun.
                          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• UnO,

I generally defended you w/regard to your writing. I was *not* one of those who found fault with anything you wrote.

But I honestly don't see any other way to interpret your post above. And I'm surprised you can't see how it would be irritating. You have beaten this particular horse into glue, ok? WE GET IT.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• no offense taken, UnO... all it shows is that sometimes innocent comments can be taken the wrong way. Believe me, our skins are tougher than this

DeepO

Comment

• Eh, just gotta beat me over the head on occasion.

We don't always realize what we say can be interpretted as on occasion. This is but human nature. I could call the 'go write a story' a little pot shotty as well if I really wanted to for instance. Really find it quite witty.
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X