Available in Italy! (28/10/2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Available in Italy! (28/10/2005)

Great: I've just bought it here in north Italy today 28 october!

The version is italian, speech in tutorial are in english (subtitle are more or less well translated in italian).

The cardboard box include a DvD in a plastic DVD case, a poster (approx 45*70 cm) of the tech tree and quick reference for icon, promotion, resources, etc.
    A 224 pages manual (in italian) is included too.

Just installed: everything worked OK, no need of turnaround - and I use a notebook Win XP sp2 with a Mobile Radeon 9700 SE 128MB).

Tutorial browsed (a bit slow pace for us veteran, IMHO) and worked well (a few defective on text of tutorial, that show part of key field names here and there (you know, as seeing fields name before substitution in a word document for mail merge).
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

ciao! mi sai dire in che negozio l'hai preso?

oggi faccio una puntata a milano...

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellow
      ciao! mi sai dire in che negozio l'hai preso?

oggi faccio una puntata a milano...
      Ti ho risposto via Private Mail...
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I like playing civilization & speaking Italian, so I was thinking that it might be great to do both at the same time.

From your original post, I just wanted to verify the translations:
        Game Text: Italian
        Game Speech: English w/ Italian Subtitles
        Manual: Italian
        Tech Tree: English
        Quick Reference: English
        --Is this correct?

I live in California, is it possible to buy the italian version over the internet & have it shipped here?

thanks everyone!

Comment

hi! I really don't know if it's possible......maybe if you order it in some online italian game shop, but you'll have to pay a lot of cash because of the spedition across the world

Comment

Originally posted by jpberkland
            From your original post, I just wanted to verify the translations:
            Game Speech: English w/ Italian Subtitles
            Tech Tree: English
            Quick Reference: English
            --Is this correct?
            Not exactly:
            Game Installation: Italian, English and others (but I suppose it refers only to text during installation tasks, not the final game language; I've only tried italian here)
            Game Speech: English w/ Italian Subtitles only during tutorial (Sid voice with Sid Avatar); during the game voices are translated in italian (and AFAIK not with the same voiceover actor that here in Italy use to be alter ego of Mr. Nimoy - shame!)
            Tech Tree: Italian
            Quick Reference: Italian
            Quick Keys Shortcut: same as english (e.g. B=Build city for a setter)

Originally posted by jpberkland
            I live in California, is it possible to buy the italian version over the internet & have it shipped here?
            thanks everyone!
            Well, I can link some internet shop I've found, but mine is not a suggestion about how good or cheap they are. I only mention they as well know site I think you can buy safely. No advertising intended by me

La prima e più grande libreria italiana online dal 1998: Libri, eBook, CD, DVD, Musica, Film, Giochi, Games. Acquista online e risparmia con le offerte IBS.

or
            Le migliori offerte sono su Monclick: sconti fino al 70% su elettrodomestici, computer, TV, smartphone, climatizzatori e molto altro. Scegli la convenienza.

The former seems to sell also outside Italy, but please check by yourself.

Consider that translation process left some minor trouble here and there (e.g. you find number of turns left to build something in town showing also some metadata like [NUM5:turno:turni ).
            I hope a simple fix can be around quickly.

Edit: it seems a simple case of square bracket missing (opening one but not closing the pair is the mistake). Search and Open a file called "CIV4GamesTextInfos.xml" and correct the missing "]" by yourself. Save, reload the game and you are in business.

If any trouble stop you, please send to me a Private Mail and I'll try to further help you.
            Last edited by Adm.Naismith; November 1, 2005, 18:06.
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

wait a sec
              isn't there the option to install in english as well? i mean, aren't you able to choose english as language game?

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
                wait a sec
                isn't there the option to install in english as well? i mean, aren't you able to choose english as language game?
                XML text files are complete with different languages, but (as I tried to explain with my previus message) I've only installed once, and I've chosen "Italian" as installation language.

That could be relevant to the whole game language or simply at language used by installer routine (quite common situation with other software, because installer module usually is a common one, and can admit different languages than the software you install with it.

If someone think I'm ready to ruin my functioning game uninstalling it and give a try to a new installation using english as language of my choice... forget it!

Edit: It seems I've missed the option menu (where it is supposed to be possible to change language on the fly). I'll check this tonight, when I'll be back at my home PC. Sorry for my wrong info!

Edit 2: Correct! You can change the language using the general tab of option menu, or you can modify the CivilizationIV.ini file to set one of the available languages as default.
                If you do it on the fly (during in-game), then rolling back to italian it seems something get cached and a few minor label stay in english.

I must check with more accuracy, because it can be only a matter of label not properly translated. I have to check with a fresh start, but I've missing the spare time. Sorry, I'm not a dedicated betatester
                Last edited by Adm.Naismith; November 3, 2005, 05:43.
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                X