chipsbits.com orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chipsbits.com orders?

Has anyone got ehir pre-order from chipsbits yet? I still haven't heard any shipping info from them and cannot access their website to contact them for info.

have I been scammed by these people?

looks like you got scammed. I hope you paid with credit card. If you did challenge the charge.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

They're a reliable site, they've been shipping product to Apolyton users for years without any problems that I'm aware of. There's no reason to believe you've been scammed. Unless we hear otherwise I think they're just having technical problems (maybe they can't handle all the traffic Civ4's generating? ) and they'll probably be back online before you know it. It's of course very unfortunate that this is delaying your game, but I don't think you've been scammed.
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Locutus is a better source than me

I'm a doomsdayist anyway
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I know that their systems were down and they had some issues from Hurricane Wilma this weekend. Since they are based in Florida it may also be affecting their distribution.

Comment

I used Chips and Bits for years. They were a good company back then at least.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I pre-ordered with Chipsbits.com as well, no word, no tracking number, nothing...

I gotta say, this really sucks seeing others being able to play...

Comment

The hurricane caused havoc to any shipping operations based in Florida. I noticed that the DVD's and videogames section of Circuit City's website was down with a message about Wilma affecting their shipping operations.

I believe it's back up now, but with a message indicating that shipments may be delayed.

So I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for Chips and Bits.

Comment

I emailed them asking about my order, they replied immediatly - apparently their servers are based in Florida and they are experiencing problems.

Comment

I finally got through to chipsbits on the phone. They said my pre-ordered copy MAY ship next week. late shipment, plus warehouse in FL was reason. And ya, as expected, no pre-order edition.

I'm gonna try and find it elsewhere on the weekend. If I'm extremely lucky (HA!), i'll find a pre-order edition sitting in some ebwordl store.

Comment

Working...
                    X