Can my computer run this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Japher
    I now have a Geforce 6200 with 256MB. Haven't done anything with it though, I've been too busy.

Which is why I wanted them to do it.

That fewl was an idiot. Perhapse it was because he was old.
    I've had that happen, you'll end up puting it in yourself. The so called profesionals are nothing but scam artists robbing people of their money. I feel sorry for any old ladies who have to fork over a hundred dolors every few months just because they want a computer to play Yahoo! Bridge.

Just think in 10-20 years everyone will know about computers and those scam jobs will be out the "job."
    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Does anyone know whether you need some specific version of Windows?

I currently have a system comprised of these relevant parts:
      • Pentium III 1.0GHz
      • 512MB PC-133 RAM
      • ASUS V9520 (nVidia FX5200 128MB DDR at AGPx2 (due to VIA chipset issues, AGPx4 is not stable))
      • Windows 98SE (because I usually run Linux, and don't want to deal with all the complexities of Windows 2000 and XP)

I don't run any protection software on it, or anything else that runs all the time, except for drivers. (Do not try this at home unless you know what you're doing!)
      From what I gather, the game should run on low to medium settings, but I'm not sure whether I will *have* to "upgrade" Windows or not.
      I'd rather not, since it's just a lot of time and effort invested in a sisyphean job.

Comment

Originally posted by Orky

From what I gather, the game should run on low to medium settings, but I'm not sure whether I will *have* to "upgrade" Windows or not.
        I'd rather not, since it's just a lot of time and effort invested in a sisyphean job.
        I've read one post that someone played the game with 98 SE. Your specs are rather low however, don't expect it to run well. You might want to get some more RAM at least, that will probably help. And you really should upgrade to XP, it's a much more stable system than 98.

Comment

Originally posted by Orky
          Does anyone know whether you need some specific version of Windows?
          You need Win2K or WinXP. Also, your processor is somewhat below minimum specs (P4 1.2 GHz), your memory is exactly the minimum and your video card is on the low side as well. If the game will run at all, it will probably be slow as hell. Don't play on large maps...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well, I just installed the demo, and played the 100-turn demo game, which went very well. No glitches, no crashes! Excellent! Now excuse me while I go play it again ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X