Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please explain the release to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please explain the release to me?

Hey-

I'm completely confused about this game's release. I haven't waited for many other games the way I have this one, so I'm not too experienced with it. Here's what I know

- Tuesday is media release day, so that's why the game was "shipped" on the 25th.

- Amazon(and other sites) offer a "Pre-sell" edition, which can be found
    here . Does this include the actual game itself, or is this just a pre-order kind of thing? I can't find anywhere that it includes the actual software.

- Fan sites, like this one, have been "celebrating" about the release, so I assume the game is available. However, I have been to every single store that carries video games in my area(Best Buy, EB, etc) and haven't found it. In addition, some of the big retail chains(Wal-Mart, etc.) have a release date for the game as late november, which I'm assuming was never changed after the rushed release.

Sorry if I seem stupid, I just have no idea what's going on. Is the game actually out and released fully, or do only certain people have access to it(such as people who pre-ordered)?

The game is out, and available, in limited quantities. Basicly, they shiped every copy of civ out yesterday and stores are just getting it in today, the preorder is a special edition with some bonus stuff, yes it includes the software aswell. Most stores dont have their shipment yet and todays shipment is only the preorder special edition, so you may be out of luck if you didn't preorder. Tomarrow and def by friday just about everyone should have in the normal version in stock.
    http://image.blobbynet.com/store/h4x0rzsmall.jpg

Comment

CompUSA, Frys, and EB Games in my area did not have the game on 10/26, but my local BestBuy did. EB actually want me to come in an preorder a special edition yesterday, otherwise "they wouldn't have a copy available until Friday". Oh well, I guess that they prefer I spend my money at BestBuy

Comment

Re: Can someone please explain the release to me?

Originally posted by ap080
        I have been to every single store that carries video games in my area...
        What's your area? Knowing that people might be able to point you in the right direction.

Edit: Oh - and the big retailers usually take longer getting games - game stores (EB, Gamestop) put more emphasis on getting the games in-store since that is their core business.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
        X