• Show
Clear All

imagine civ without modding and firaxis charging for new maps
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
      of course they are profiting from the "sid" brand, but most games for 39$ can be played within 50 hours - some FPS games are done by the best players in less than 20. civ4 will give us several hundred to thousand hours of gameplay.
      Not to be a rotten apple in the barrel, but some of us long time civ fans did not find Civ3 to be worth the money we put into it. Certainly not on the scale of Civ1 or Civ2. That's why many old timers will not be pre-ordering this game.

as for civ4: i would probably pay up to 200$ for civ4 + all patches + all addons. probably even more! that's something around 1$ for 10 hours of gameplay for me

BITE YOUR TONGUE! We'd better hope Firaxis or especially that its publisher does not see that! Egads!

Think of our wallets!
      -Darkstar
      (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
        Not to be a rotten apple in the barrel, but some of us long time civ fans did not find Civ3 to be worth the money we put into it. Certainly not on the scale of Civ1 or Civ2. That's why many old timers will not be pre-ordering this game.
        i'd consider myself an old timer too. i was 14 when civ1 came out and that "one more turn" syndrome meant for me that i nearly failed school back in the days.

but yes, i also enjoyed the those games very much and was initially disappointed by the quality of civ3 (although i bought it after patch 1.06 was out) and especially PTW addon.

BUT... the big BUT... only because civ1 and civ2 belong to the best games of all times, does not make civ3 a bit game. sure, it had flaws and was buggy, but the game itself was nonetheless a worthy successor. at least that's what i believe.

as for civ4: i would probably pay up to 200$ for civ4 + all patches + all addons. probably even more! that's something around 1$ for 10 hours of gameplay for me

BITE YOUR TONGUE! We'd better hope Firaxis or especially that its publisher does not see that! Egads!
        Think of our wallets!

if we expect 2 addons + the shipping costs, it's already 160USD for me. that's not far until those 200USD
        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by sabrewolf
          darn those >20$ shipping costs for overseas is just not worth it

any chance of somebody in the US ordering the "bible-editions" and sending it to us euros?
          I second that.

@MarkG: I'd be willing to get another year of PLUS if it were somehow possible to order via PayPal. I only have a german account I can pay with (no credit card) Any ideas?
          "Give me a soft, green mushroom and I'll rule the world!" - TheArgh
          "No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy." - Murphy's law
          Anthéa, 5800 pixel wide extravaganza (french)

Comment

Originally posted by AeonOfTime
            @MarkG: I'd be willing to get another year of PLUS if it were somehow possible to order via PayPal. I only have a german account I can pay with (no credit card) Any ideas?
            i presume you mean WITHOUT paypal?
            you can do via our store
            see this http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...21#post4032421

Comment

No, actually I'd love to order it WITH paypal, as that's the only way I can pay using my german bank account...

Comment

Oh, by the way, the "Store" link does not work here in the forum, it links to http://apolyton.net/forums/store, that does not exist

Comment

No, actually I'd love to order it WITH paypal, as that's the only way I can pay using my german bank account...
                  well paypal IS our main way of paying

just go to http://apolyton.net/plus/ and click on "proceed"

Comment

which store link?

Comment

well paypal IS our main way of paying just go to http://apolyton.net/plus/ and click on "proceed"
                      Oh, sorry - I think we misunterstood each other (argh). I already have a PLUS subscription, and I ordered that via PayPal. What I was trying to say was that I would throw in another year of Poly PLUS if you could tell me of a way to oder a copy of Civ4 via PayPal

which store link?
                      On top of the page, right above the path navigation, in the links collection: 3rd line, the one starting with "hall of fame" and "civgroups", right at the end (hope this makes sense)...

Comment

Oh, sorry - I think we misunterstood each other (argh). I already have a PLUS subscription, and I ordered that via PayPal. What I was trying to say was that I would throw in another year of Poly PLUS if you could tell me of a way to oder a copy of Civ4 via PayPal
                        ah well, you could make a paypal payment to Dan and I'll make a credit-card order via Amazon.de

pm me to arrange the details

Comment

I ordered through this link, will this provide me the special pre-order edition?
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I'm afraid not, C&B is not on the official retailers list that was made public today
                            perhaps we could (both) mail them to get on the program....

Comment

Where should I mail to?
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

sales@chipsbits.com
                                info@chipsbits.com

Comment

Working...
                                X