Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CivIV's popularity

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CivIV's popularity

    It really is quite amazing. I went out to all the gaming stores I could find (because Amazon hasn't delievered it yet) and they are all sold out of the game (or haven't gotten it yet), but MANY copies of AOEIII are on the shelves.

    In Amazon.com, CivIV Presell Edition is not only #1 in Computer Games, but #1 in Electronics ahead of the iPod Nano!

    This game is selling like hotcakes. But it seems there isn't enough for the shelves. I wonder if this is a case of the publisher underestimating the popularity of CivIV or far higher than usual sales because of all of the good information that has come out about CivIV (and mind CivIV had FAR less hype than CivIII).

    Any ideas on the supply of games compared to sales?
    I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

  • #2
    I couldn't find a copy in Indianapolis at 6:00 today I called at least 8 stores, and went to to 2 more personally.

    Comment


    • #3
      I went to EB Games. They had many pre-order boxes (reserved, of course), but only 4 for walk-in sales. Don't know why they had so few normal boxes for sale. Guess I was lucky that they were not sold out.

      Comment


      • #4
        I went to an EBGames in the Poughkeepsie, NY area and they had several availible in the middle of the day today for non pre-order customers.

        Comment


        • #5
          I have been harassing my local eb games for 2 days now. If I get there, and they say "too late, last copy sold 5 minutes ago", i'm going to have a **** fit.

          I'm not kidding. I'll pull down my knickers, and have a crap on their floor.

          I NEED CIV 4!!!!
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not kidding. I'll pull down my knickers, and have a crap on their floor.


            Bring a camera
            I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

            Comment


            • #7
              Got my copy at Best Buy (Palm Springs) this afternoon - they'd only received two (that's right, 2) copies with their shipment today

              Maybe that's why the shelves are empty - not enough produced/shipped to retailers?

              But there, too, lots of copies of the weighty AoE III (and, as well, of the complete Civ3 boxed set)

              Comment


              • #8
                I got lucky. Went to gamestop about 10:45 am and they told me the shipment would be in around noon. Came back and noon and they sold me a special edition copy, and I did not even pre order.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Since AoE3 was mentioned:

                  AoE3 has not sold near as well as expected by all accounts I can find (of course, it is still a runaway succes, it just did not run as far away as MS wanted). At my EB the cashier even said that they had not sold ANY collector's editions of AoE3. Is she uninformed? Possibly, but on the shelf were 3 empty boxes (they keep the guts behind the counter).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: CivIV's popularity

                    Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

                    In Amazon.com, CivIV Presell Edition is not only #1 in Computer Games, but #1 in Electronics ahead of the iPod Nano!
                    wow
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ninot
                      I have been harassing my local eb games for 2 days now. If I get there, and they say "too late, last copy sold 5 minutes ago", i'm going to have a **** fit.

                      I'm not kidding. I'll pull down my knickers, and have a crap on their floor.

                      I NEED CIV 4!!!!
                      Remember to post tomorrow, I'd suggest checking out Future Shop for the $49.99 dealie. I'm going to run there at 2ish if I hear good things (I work downtown as well)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nailfoot
                        Since AoE3 was mentioned:

                        AoE3 has not sold near as well as expected by all accounts I can find (of course, it is still a runaway succes, it just did not run as far away as MS wanted). At my EB the cashier even said that they had not sold ANY collector's editions of AoE3. Is she uninformed? Possibly, but on the shelf were 3 empty boxes (they keep the guts behind the counter).
                        They're selling here at $79.99 instead of the regular $59.99, at least at Best Buy.

                        But man is that box huge!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Disk Killer


                          They're selling here at $79.99 instead of the regular $59.99, at least at Best Buy.

                          But man is that box huge!

                          $79.99!?!?


                          And define huge box -- after all, size does matter.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MrFun



                            $79.99!?!?

                            Canadian.

                            Thats the same as a cup of coffee costs you
                            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maybe that's why the shelves are empty - not enough produced/shipped to retailers?


                              That's what I thought as well. It seems that Take2 may have underexpected the buzz this game would elicit, even though it wasn't heavily advertized. Places are selling out of it all over.
                              I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X