How lame is this?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How lame is this?!

Called my local EB to see if they have recieved Civ4. They say "Yes." I say "Great! I preordered a copy a couple of weeks ago." They say "Well, we don't have the Collectors Edition yet, we just have the regular game on the shelf. We expect the Collectors Edition will be here in a few days...maybe by friday."

Sheesh, that is lame.

BTW, if my CE comes with a French version of the tech tree I'm going to be way PO'ed.

Damn baby you need to relax! Take a chill pill and let the red haze descend. It'll get to you, and it will be totally awesome.

Comment

somehow, the release of this game seems a bit half-assed.

That's not to say that the game it self is, but from mislabeled cd's to french tech trees to this stuff...it seems odd.

is take2 inexperienced at this?
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

that's not as lame as being told by one eb store "uh our shipment was lost" wtf

and yes, it would appear that someone has really bungled this in the production chain.

Comment

How unrelaxed do you think I am? I'm not about to jump off a bridge or anything! But, I am rather disapointed that the people who pre-ordered were not given preferential treatment in recieving the game. Heck, I would have been happy to get it at the same time as anyone else. But, to only get it after some joe (no offense to anyone really named joe )who walks in off the street is lame IMO.

When I preodered it was with the understanding that my copy of the game was not only reserved for me but that the copy would arrive with the regular edition if not before.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

and yes, it would appear that someone has really bungled this in the production chain.
            At least they didn't rush the code for the game; they only rushed the production and shipment. I wonder if they pop rushed it...

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

it's funny...everyone was worried that they would rush the game's development and therefore bungle that...no one foresaw a bungled release!
                While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I'm just glad I can read some French! ;(

Comment

Well - it is French Canadian... so I'm sure it's like dumbed down French.

JUST KIDDING!!
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

After seeing and hearing everything I have about the game, I don't think I can fault Firaxis for anything, but Take2 has really screwed up. This is without a doubt the worst release I've seen in quite a while.

Comment

Rush

I think they had to rush the manufacturing a bit. They were committed to shipping the game on October 25, and it just went gold (meaning they finished development) on October 19. That gives them only 5 or 6 days to put together hundreds of thousands (millions?) of copies. I'm not surprised they had a few problems.

Ah, well. It'll all be forgotten soon enough, and everybody will be talking about what a great game it is. The same thing happened last year when Half-Life 2 was released, but that turned out ok. Mostly.

Comment

Very strange that store got the regular version before the special edition. Most places seem to be the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckles
                            Very strange that store got the regular version before the special edition. Most places seem to be the other way around.
                            Yeah that is very odd, I have a theory (SWAG) that my pre ordered-pre-sell with all the bangs and whistles copy is up at Amazon and they are using it to bombard my soul and spirit and then using stealthy nut checks to see if I am still alive

I swear, I better not run into any Amazon employees here who are experts at CIV IV and tell me "Well, I been playing it in the warehouse for several weeks now"

Ok

Fpr the record I'll follow Mark's advice and click on the link to get my English version of the tech tree if mine comes in with French version

Gramps
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

That's what I got-- "Our shipment got sent to Evansville! We should have them by Friday!"

Uh, if I wanted to wait till Friday, I would have just picked up the game at Wal-Mart, instead of pre-ordering it from you, EB. You guys hound me about pre-ordering stuff from you every 30 seconds I'm in your store, and when I actually DO pre-order something, you bungle it so badly that it defeats the entire purpose of pre-ordering in the first place!

Thank you Gamestop for having the special edition, that I was able to just walk in a purchase! Thank god you're buying out the incompetents at EB!

Comment

Working...
                              X