New Haven, Connecticut: The Eagle Has Landed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yin26
    Got it at Gamestop. They had two, non-reserved copies waiting (one of which --mine-- was taken 15 minutes after they opened the boxes).

Got mine at EB - they had one extra pre-order version. Now it's MINE!!
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

i'm glad i could help
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Gah! I'm in misery! I lived in New Haven for years, but have inexplicably found myself in the UK for Civ4's release date... *sigh*... now I must wait until November 4th.

Freakin' frackin' $#%^! UK delays... =)

(Have fun playing!)
        - SE

Comment

Ha! I just noticed that Locutus overlooked my programming credit. (The one for coding the maps!) He doesn't recognize my name without the nick, yet.

A few tester names are on the in-game credits that were added after the manual went to print, as well:

"Sparta"
          "Swissy"
          "Kaetsae"
          "BYCCougar"
          "DeathToAll"

- Sirian

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            Production Assistance:
            Peter "PeteT" Triggs (Peter Triggs)
            Rob "rob" Cheng (robC -- I think)
            Yup. RobC here, robcheng at civfanatics.

Btw, for those of you who haven't checked out the credits screen yet, they show some cool photos, concept artwork, and pre-producing in-game graphics while the credits scroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian
              Ha! I just noticed that Locutus overlooked my programming credit. (The one for coding the maps!) He doesn't recognize my name without the nick, yet.

A few tester names are on the in-game credits that were added after the manual went to print, as well:

"Sparta"
              "Swissy"
              "Kaetsae"
              "BYCCougar"
              "DeathToAll"

- Sirian
              And that's a typo -- should be "BYUCougar"

Comment

Pepe's Pizza is the best
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirian
                  Sorry...

It's because you Americans (and to a slightly lesser extent other English-speakers) tend to all have such similar, generic names. Other countries/languages have this as well but not nearly to this extent, and at least they generally use different 'namespaces' for first and surnames. In English (and in the US more so than in the UK and elsewhere), both first and last name are all too often variations of the same set of names: Robert, William, John, Peter, Thomas, Adam, Simon, Jonathan and a couple of others. There must be hundreds if not thousands of Robert Thomases in the world... How on earth do you remember who's who?

Thank god for the popularity of nicknames on the Net, I would be completely lost if all English speakers used their real names (not to mention there would be countless doubles)...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X