Firm release date for Finland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firm release date for Finland?

Have any Finns out there found a release date for Civ IV in Finland? I've been trying to find any Finnish info on the matter, and I can't seem to get an actual release date. The best I have come across is "we'll probably be able to play it a few weeks after the US release...," which doesn't mean anything.

I'm assuming that it'll be Nov. 4th, but then it's not even listed at www.bdog.fi and they usually have their new arrivals posted weeks in advance. Call of Duty 2 has been up for ages...

From www.toptronics.fi:

28.10.2005 Civilization 4 PC CD Take 2 5026555039048 -
    So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Sweet! Sounds good to me! Though, I don't want to get my hopes up too much... they don't seem to mention when that list was last updated.

Kiitos Torkkeli.

Comment

Come to think of it they also mention it is on CD... Europe is getting the game on DVD. We are in Europe right?

Comment

Tilt is saying the 28th as well!!!! Woohoo!! Only 3 more days! Go Finland! Go Finland!

(sry, can you tell I'm excited?)

Comment

Pelit magazine also reports Oct 28.

Comment

Yeah, looks like the 28th is official. Called one of the Tilt stores in Tampere, and it's possible to reserve a copy on Thursday by phone for pickup on Friday. The salesperson swore they were getting loads of copies, though. Just to be sure, I'm going to make that phone call.

Funny thing is that it looks like CivIV is being released here on CD, not DVD after all. Could it be that we're getting the US version?

Comment

>>Could it be that we're getting the US version?

I think that many (if not most) pc games here are US or "unlocalized" versions.

Comment

Thx for the info FG. That makes sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by FinnishGuy
                    >>>Could it be that we're getting the US version?

>I think that many (if not most) pc games here are US >or "unlocalized" versions.
                    As far as I remember from past experience, if there is a U.K version available of a game, then that will be the version available for those smaller european countries like Finland and Sweden witch don't have a localized copy of their own.

-S
                    GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                    even mean anything?

Comment

Hmmm... I guess as long as there are copies on the store shelf on Friday, it installs without a glitch and let's me put together a Jaguar Warrior war party then I'll be fine with either version. Although I am curious to see whether I get a cardboard box and a couple CDs or a DVD case and... well... a DVD.

Was half-tempted to save 20€ and get it from play.com, but then I thought about the extra anguish involved with standing out in the cold every morning waiting to pounce on the mailman... and quickly came to my senses!

Comment

Seems very much like the Finnish release has been pushed up with a week.

Just called the Tilt store in Turku, they said that they'll get it on the fourth day. All other sources I've heard of lately are reporting this, too.
                        The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Well my excitement has dropped drastically after reading the horror stories (see general civ4 forum).

I'll wait and see whether I'm going to by this game. Luckily I didn't pre-order.

Comment

Yesterday I got a mail from verkkokauppa.com that says the game should be available there on friday the 28th, but they said I can call to their sales if I don't get a notice that my order is ready to be picked then.

Also their website still says 28.10. (Of course it's possible that they just want more people to buy from them and therefore are not in a hurry to tell about possible delay of a relase.)

Comment

Originally posted by FinnishGuy
                              Well my excitement has dropped drastically after reading the horror stories (see general civ4 forum).

I'll wait and see whether I'm going to by this game. Luckily I didn't pre-order.
                              I don't worry too much about this. I'm sure there is a lot bigger number of people who at the moment are playing the game and not posting to forums. And virtually anybody who is a member of the forums and has any trouble is also posting about it.

But I have to admit: reading about those horror stories got me a little bit worried.

Comment

Working...
                              X