Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be a bloody expensive cinema and hamburger
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

For Civ IV it's not that much a matter of the price, but how fast I can get the game. If the pirated version is fastest I'll download that one first, then buy it in the stores when it arrives... if it comes to the stores first I'll buy first, then download later (I prefer to have it on the computer, than to have to use the cd/dvd, so nomatter what happens first I'll end up downloading the game AND buying the game)

Too bad games are VERY slow to get to this part of the world, so I wont see it before next month... considering how most of this games is released it'll probably first be released in the middle of November)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Right, well, Play have changed the status to 'In Stock'. With luck, I will get a 'shipped' email sooner than Friday...

Comment

Yes, but strangely Civ4 page still shows countdown...

Comment

Maybe it's in stock getting ready to ship so it arrives in the post on Friday?

Comment

Mine was shipped today!!!

Hi all

I ordered from play.com a couple of weeks ago because they were so much cheaper than amazon etc. The release date was (as mnetioned by many) Nov 4. So I logged on today (Nov 2) to see what is going on and was litterally shocked to see that my order was not even on the "outstanding orders" page.

Sheer panic!!!

So I clicked on the "Order History" option, just in case. You can imagine my relief when I found out that they have actually posted the Civ IV DVD today (Nov 2) so I should have it by tomorrow or Friday at the latest

Will definitely buy from them again and again. At this price and with such pleasent surprises, it's a no-brainer...

Comment

Just checked my play.com account and it seems the game's now in the post! Just a matter of waiting to see how long it takes to get here (northern ireland) now... hopefully by friday if I'm lucky!

Comment

Yep, mines been posted too. To be honest, things dont normally arrive for 2-3 days from Play. I'm hoping for Friday! Day off? Possibly

Glad to see Amazon reduced their price - it's still £4 more than getting it from Play...

Edit: just got the dispatched email from Play too

Comment

And mine is on its way too! Now let's hope for Friday or perhaps Saturday.

Comment

The Amazon price dropped to £19.99 then went up by £5 & down again over the last few days while I was checking. Read through the forums & play.com seemed to get quite a few mentions so I ordered Civ IV from them a couple of days ago @£17.99. Have since checked & they say the item has been posted with 3-5 days quoted for delivery. Various stores had given me prices from £19.99 to £34.99 "but may vary" for Friday 4th.

*Forgot to add that, while checking, HMV were selling the Bradygames Civ IV Strategy Guide on Monday 31/10 even though the Manager told me the game wouldn't be on sale 'til Friday. Price was £10.99 instead of £12.99.

Comment

I buy nearly all new games and DVDs from play. Civ IV was posted yesterday.

Regarding the duty issue, when importing goods from the EU you're only supposed to have to pay VAT if you haven't paid VAT in the country of purchase. Jersey DOES charge VAT (recognised by EU countries), but it's only 8%.

For anoraks here's the rules http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsP...yType=document

I have friends in Holland who use them regularly with no problems.

The only downside is that because it's coming from Jersey, it can take a day or two longer than Amazon.co.uk.

Comment

My order has been posted finally. I'll probably get it late next week...

Comment

I just ordered it ftom Play. Feels like too much of a bargain for £18! Better than pirating it though!

Comment

Was pleasantly surprised at £17.99 so thought id give it a shot. . received an e-mail yesterday (2nd) saying it had been dispatched .. not arrived yet, but hope it will be no my door step in the morning.

Tesco now also have a "Tesco Jersey" http://jersey.tesco.com but don't appear to do Civ 4, but the concept of cheaper prices is the same.
                              "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Arrived! COOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X