DVD ROM Drives are only $20.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD ROM Drives are only $20.99

Go to Newegg.com. Go to all categories, then to DVD ROM drives.

Here's a link:

Buy LITE-ON Beige 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SOHD-16P9S with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

DVD ROM drives are only $20.99 + $4 shipping guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you waiting for? (It even includes PowerDVD 5 software so you can watch movies.)

Hell, man, there might be an even cheaper price on pricewatch.com

Get it, open the case, take old one out, put the new one in, plug in 2 cables, screw in a few screws and you're done. No Drivers. It can't get any easier. Plus you can watch your favorites movies with it afterwards with the included software.
    Whatever goes up, better doggon well stay up...

I know they aren't expensive, the thing is, I don't won't or need one (besides perhaps civ4).
    I really wanted to skip DVD altogether and go right to either HD-DVD or BluRay but those are still way too expensive.

Maybe I'll loan my nephew's DVD for awhile.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I am surprised that anyone who has a 3 year old or younger system, did not demand that they have a DVD-compatible drive installed (instead of the standard CD-ROM)...after all folks, a DVD can store far more data than your regular CD can ... The standard CD-ROM drive is a dying option, going the same way as the floppy drive.

Comment

I can't see why anybody would want to skip DVD as well, for sure since a dvd-drive isn't more expensive then a cd driver.

It'll be years before blue-ray or hi-dvd will be a standard.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Exactly CyberShy.

After all, what is the "life" of a computer system? 5 years (max)? By that time you would be so far behind the technology that replacing the computer is far cheaper than upgrading it - given that you can even upgrade it in the first place.

Comment

Seeing as I don't buy systems but build my own...

I still have a back-up CD-Rom in a closet somewhere and the CD-writer works perfectly, actually hardly ever use it.

It'll be years before blue-ray or hi-dvd will be a standard.

Yeah, probably, just would have been nice to skip it.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
              I am surprised that anyone who has a 3 year old or younger system, did not demand that they have a DVD-compatible drive installed (instead of the standard CD-ROM)
              Don't be surprised. Look at where DVD tech and prices were back then. I built my own monster system 3 years ago, and opted to not install a DVD-ROM.

Why? I envisioned rapid advancement in the DVD technology, and felt like a DVD was something I could add later. My prediction turned out to be true...not only are DVD-ROM's eight times CHEAPER than they were 3 years ago, but they are also faster, and you can get the combo drives now.
              Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

I'm just wondering if you don't have a dvd-rom will the game still work without wonder movies and stuff or will it not work at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Tugger1967
                  I'm just wondering if you don't have a dvd-rom will the game still work without wonder movies and stuff or will it not work at all?
                  If the game ships on CD-ROM, you will be able to install and play; wonder movies and all.

If the game ships on DVD-ROM, and you don't have a DVD-ROM player (or DVD burner, for that matter), you will not be able to install or play; no wonder movies either.

From what I've *heard*, Europe is probably getting DVD-ROMs, and North America CD-ROMs. This seems to have been the case for several releases this year (i.e. NHL 2006).

I'd prefer DVD, tell the truth, but I have no real issue with CDs; once it's installed it truly makes no difference.

Comment

thank you for putting my mind at ease

Comment

I wish we got DVD roms Far better, in the sense that it's one disc The only problem I think is that CDroms are a bit faster to access, but i doubt anyone accesses the disc anymore except during install, HD prices being as cheap as they are ...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well Snoopy, I for one, am still hoping that the North Amercian release will be in DVD format.
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I wonder how much external USB DVD drives are now, since that would be a popular choice for people with laptops or who don't want to crack open their cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                            Well Snoopy, I for one, am still hoping that the North Amercian release will be in DVD format.
                            CD for the US....

here in europe we're more technologically advanced
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think there's any CD release of Civ IV in the US either.

Comment

Working...
                              X