Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Online Retailer for Pre-order ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Online Retailer for Pre-order ??

Greetings, I've jsut recently moved back to Canada after 8 years of exile to the United States. Good thing, IMO. But I'm having a hard time finding established online retailers ... or any at all really.

I'm looking to pre order Civ IV and would like a reliable retailer to order from.

Any fellow Canadians want ot fill me in on some Canadian based retailers ... or some US ones that do a good job sendign to Canada?

And yes, I have seen the ads on the site for Chips and bits ... I'm not impressed by their site - looks like it was thrown together and never gets updated. Turns me off. But I would be interesting in hearing for some Canucks who have ordered from there jsut the same.

Thanks in advance.
    -rippk

PS. how many different version are going out initially? DVD version? thx

Chips&Bits
    Civ4 $49.95* , shipping: $5.63 , Total : $55.58

Note: you get 3 months of PLUS with each purchase

EB Games
    Civ4 $49.99 , shipping: $14.99, Total : $64.98

This note was added on the checkout:
    Canadian customers will be responsible for G.S.T./P.S.T and duties at the time of delivery.

Amazon.ca doesnt have it yet

I will admit that Chips&Bits doesnt look that professional but we link to them for years and we've never had a bad report about them.

* (prices in USD)
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Canadian Online Retailer for Pre-order ??

Originally posted by rippk
      PS. how many different version are going out initially? DVD version? thx
      we dont have details on the media or a separate dvd version. North America pre-orders will get the special Pre-Order Edition...

Comment

An example of my problem with chips and bits

"Release Date: This is a pre-order item to be released on: Sunday, January 01, 2006 "

Where as ebworld says:
        "Pre-Order: Ships on 10/24/2005"

You'd think that an affiliated sponsor of this site would at least get the release date right. lol.

According to the info on this site November was original release date ... and now late October. But Chips and bits isn't committed to sending me the game any earlier than 2006. Of course thye may very well ship on time like ebworld ... but when it doesn't come, I'd at least like to be able to call them up and say "hey where the F*** is my game, it's in the stores already, but I preordered and still don't have my copy!!" Only to have them reply "we promised it to you by jan 1 2006" You know where I'm coming from here? lol

Comment

online store get their dates from the publishers, and dont always update their info as fast as a dedicated civ site as we hey, amazon.com doesnt even list civ yet!

but one date or the other, the game will be shipped on the release date, you can be certain of that....

Comment

I've ordered my pre-release edition from EBgames, who do have stores in Canada but there online system is US based but ships to Canada no problem.

CS
            Global Admin/Owner
            Civilization Players Leagues
            www.civplayers.com
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

wouldn't it be possible to pre-order at your local EB store? that's what I plan on doing.
              I guess that may not be possible if you live too far from a store

Comment

Yes it is, but I live in Butt-fukk-alberta :-P

CS
                Global Admin/Owner
                Civilization Players Leagues
                www.civplayers.com
                http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civplayers steam://friends/joinchat/103582791431089902

Comment

Originally posted by rippk
                  An example of my problem with chips and bits

"Release Date: This is a pre-order item to be released on: Sunday, January 01, 2006 "
                  now it says "october 24"

Comment

I see that it's up on Amazon also now. Even Amazon.ca for 59.99$CDN - free slow-ass shipping.

Ships Nov 14th. Don't think this will be special packaging though. but who knows for sure.

Comment

i'm asking firaxis, hold your horses (and credit cards)

Comment

I went with chips and bits. I'll let the canucks how it goes come delivery time.

FYI. the box image at amazon.ca looks like the non pre-order version. So if you order from there, I wouldn't expect the pre-order goodies.

Comment

thank you pre-ordering through us rippk. enjoy your plus time

Comment

For what its worth, as an old worlder I've used the Canadian site www.dvdboxoffice.com quite a lot. They don't cripple you with international courier delivery fees or other taxes unlike US companies that ship over the pond. Thats not important for someone living in Canada of course, but their prices have usually been competitive too. No sign of Civ IV yet, unfortunately.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

so I pre-ordered from chip and bits .. expecting the bible box edition. I log inot forums today to see if theres news on the release only to see markg ammended his thread a week later to say they don't have the bible box edition. <:| I really wanted that (tech tree and all that), one of the reasons I preordered!

And now I can't even log onto the chips and bits site to contact them to confirm and cancel order if it's not what I wanted. very discouraging!

Comment

Working...
                              X