This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there anyway of getting this clarified with firaxis

after all the hype, are they not supporting poly in being one of the best civ sites etc?
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I think Trip likes CFC better than us
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• what of Alex?

surely there is more than just old Trip over the road at firaxis?

well possibly there is...
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

• I think Alex likes us but is too busy because he has Trip for an assistant
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• ahhh

a shame, would have thought they would like to see such a matter as this sorted

good technical issue afterall
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Regarding of what happens in BTS games with the colonies, I'm happy with AI not always beeing Noble. If you are in a MP game and you create a colony, it's better that the AI which takes it in charge gets the human level in order to keep safe the colony against other human players.

I hope that Firaxis will not modify this current behavior in the next BTS patch
              Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
              Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• Yes, 48 hours is too quick for me. That's every other day me needing to play a save. Between the wife working and the kids, it just isn't happening.

Yeah, I could probably catch a save here or there, but I can't dedicate to that timer.

Take this last turn in the vanilla game. Sarntium took well over 48 hours, and the Horde currently is well over 48 hours as well. The difference is, it being PBEM, no one is skipping them. That's not the case with Pitboss, you get skipped.

I'm rather dubious that the Pitboss format lends itself well to demogames due to this reason, unless we set a nice long timer.

The original single player demogame game: Played twice a week, for the most part.

All multiplayer demogames since in PBEM, once to twice a week.

Trying to ramp that up to 3-4 times a week...I'm just not sure it can work. It can't for me.

This was the first demogame in Pitboss format. It was an experiment. Now, we either learn from it and improve it, or you limit who can participate based on the schedule.

It was a good experiment, really. I would really like to hear how many of the other teams are actually acting like a TEAM, though. Not just someone playing and reporting back to the team. IS this still a demogame? Do you really have time to discuss the moves?

Seriously, I'ld like to know.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• At Spamyard team, we are about 20 registered players, we have enough time to discuss the moves in our private forum and we are three players ready to make the moves.

I think we could even afford a 24 hours timer.

All is perfect for us
                  Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
                  Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

It was a good experiment, really. I would really like to hear how many of the other teams are actually acting like a TEAM, though. Not just someone playing and reporting back to the team. IS this still a demogame? Do you really have time to discuss the moves?

Seriously, I'ld like to know.
                    Calysium with a small team and one dedicated turn player gets regular substantial input from 3 other players beside the turn player.

The other pop in from time time mostly to spam

Comment

• Southern Cross have regular team meetings on Skype, playing the turn and discussing tactics. On more than one occasion we've had 100% attendance
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Tell ya what.

I'll reinstall warlords and cover long enough for folks to find a replacement.

When I can play as a demogame I will, otherwise, I'll play it as a regular game, not posting. (it takes far longer to post a report than play a turn)

I know there's some funky doodad file to get it to work because of BTS. Someone point me to it?

I'm pretty sure I can hammer out our password. What's the IP to connect?

I stress this is a bandaid, not a permanent solution.

As far as the goonies and our dedicaton to the game, we went as far as to try to get a copy of Warlords out to Krill...it just proved less than cost efficient. Some of our members joined more to see the warlords game (like I am joining the BTS demogame without actually having BTS) The turnplayers have fallen aside due to personal problems, and the others of us willing have been hampered by the inability to play. When someone actually is able to play, they get plenty of advice.

It'll probably be monday before I can get all the files downloaded and installed.
                        Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; February 23, 2008, 20:47.
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Nice one Uno

File is here.

and IP is :

astrologix.no-ip.info

Good luck!!!
                          Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
                          The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
                          Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
                          Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

• Game seems to be down.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                              Tell ya what.

I'll reinstall warlords and cover long enough for folks to find a replacement.

When I can play as a demogame I will, otherwise, I'll play it as a regular game, not posting. (it takes far longer to post a report than play a turn)

I know there's some funky doodad file to get it to work because of BTS. Someone point me to it?

I'm pretty sure I can hammer out our password. What's the IP to connect?

I stress this is a bandaid, not a permanent solution.

As far as the goonies and our dedicaton to the game, we went as far as to try to get a copy of Warlords out to Krill...it just proved less than cost efficient. Some of our members joined more to see the warlords game (like I am joining the BTS demogame without actually having BTS) The turnplayers have fallen aside due to personal problems, and the others of us willing have been hampered by the inability to play. When someone actually is able to play, they get plenty of advice.

It'll probably be monday before I can get all the files downloaded and installed.
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Since UnO is at least temporarily back in this game, Im calling for a return to the 48 hour clock.

Thats what we agreed to up front.

Comment

Working...
                                X